Wrx Or Is300

mayur1130

my dad said if i get no tickets or accidents he will get me car after i graduate high school. i currently drive his old 96 es300. i was considering either a Subaru WRX orLexus IS300. i am lookin torward WRX cus i live northeast and rwd isnt good round here. but i am also lookin for performance and the wrx is also better and cheaper. well wat do u guys think?

If you want the WRX with a slathering of luxury, then go with the new Saab. 9.2X

It is the WRX platform with luxury accompanyments.

Look further down the road. The IS will have the better resale value.

Any RWD car is do-able in the NE with a dedicated set of snow/winter tires from Dec to March. If you got TRAC then that's a plus.

I would go with the Lex.

steviej

• 1 month later...

Is this a real question? Why would you go for a Subaru over a lexus? If you're looking for a car with style, luxury and fun to drive, forget about the wrx and go with an IS. People arn't going to be wooo'd by your subaru, they're going to say things about your Lex. Think about it man. (Ask a girl)

• 1 year later...

go for the is! i had that same choice man. im glad i got the is300 cuz i like the fact its the closest i will ever get to my dream of owning a supra haha!

jokes aside the is300 is what id go with. iv gotten tired of seeing the wrx now because i see so many that have the same mods. like an hks carbon/ti exhaust. dont get me wrong its a great car, i just think in the long run your mor elikely to get tired of the wrx than the is300.

best wishes man...

• 3 weeks later...

Well speaking first hand i had a WRX and upgrade to the IS250. Let me tell you if your going to get a car that will last i would go with the LEXUS any day subarus are nice but my WRX @ 60K was starting to have a lot of problems. Plus the trans can't handle to power if you plaining on upgrading them. I know 2 ppl with WRX and they both BLOW the trans out with only like 30K on them. With only a few mods. So with that being said i would go with the LEXUS. I def. think you would be happier.. plus the WRX your just asking to get pulled over all the time.. MAJOR TARGET...