1999 Ls 400

patcom

I may have the opportunity to purchase a 1999 LS 400 for under $15,000.Is this an exceptional value if the car checks out?The odometer is under 50,000.The location is NYC.

Sounds very strange. A coworker has been looking for a 98-00 LS and has been frequently asking advice the past few days. The only 99's he's finding near your price have very high mileages or a questionable history. A funny one today (no offense meant to those with limited English skills) was that the sellor of an LS he was looking at could barely speak English and could not answer questions about the car.

If you can verify mileage and service history, either through Lexus or receipts, and car does not have a salvage title or has been in serious wreaks, mayble it's for real.

I don't know the situation but sometimes bargains are for real. I bought a nice used Mercedes 450SEL in 1979 for $4,500. The V8 450 sedan was often called the best sedan of the 70's. The sellor had just bought a new toy (Porsche 928) and just didn't care what he sold the 450 for.

that does sound rather strange, but if the car is kosher....JUMP ON IT!!! blake is right: exceptional value is an understatement. to give you an idea of what kind of deal you would be getting, i bought my 94 LS 7 months ago. at the time, it had 155,000 miles on the odo. the car had a rather extensive service history at the local lexus dealer, who did a pre-purchase inspection on the car before i bought it. i showed the dealer who was selling the car (not a lexus dealer) the results of the inspection and he agreed to fix EVERYTHING the lexus dealer found wrong. after a few days in the shop and viewing a reciept from the shop ($1800 worth of repairs), i agreed to give the seller his full asking price: $10,900.

so, in a nutshell:

94 LS400

155,000 miles

existing service history

loads of pre-purchase repairs

=

$10,900

if this 99 is for real, and u get it for that price, you are the luckiest man alive!!

good luck

:o A 50k 99 for $15,000? Check the title for the words REBUILT...if not there and carfax shows mileage trail accurate...you may have the steal of the year! Find out if the sucker, er, seller has any more cars to sell!

:( Well,I guess the old saying is true,if it looks to good to be true,it probably is.The seller didn't answer my two e-mails and took the car off the market.Thanks for the input guys.

Patco and everyone else,

In New York there is a group of spammers, who collect email addresses through such means. Spammers post car ads with unbelievable low prices and people thinking they found the ultimate bargain send email inquires. The ads are typically for luxury cars like the 1999 LS400 Patco saw. I've seen ads for Bimmers and Benzs with ridiculously low prices. The funny thing is that they all have 50,000 miles on the odometer and have reply emails like this "1999LexusLS400@Yahoo.com" (the email always specifies the specs of the car.)

Patco i'm sure you'll ultimately get a reply for this guy but not with regards to the 99 LS400.

Be on the look out for these ads and don't provide spammers with your email address!!!