Silvania Silverstars

Hello everyone. First off, I would like to thank everyone who has helped me get aquainted with my baby (i.e. Es300 / car)! I traded a 1984 corvette and $500 and thats it! The car has 108,000 and came from a single owner who did all the repairs and scheduled routine check ups at a dealer. I found all of this paperwork in the glove box since new!!!! It drives like a brand new car and beats the pants off of the vette! I am just surprised that a car with 100K can still drive and feel like new! Okay, so here is my question. I just purchased Silvania Silverstars from Pepboys and I was wondering how long will they last or will they get too hot and cause some problems?! The other question is that my cruise control is not working, any suggestions?!

-Proud Owner of a 1994 ES300

Welcome to the LOC forum. Congrats on a unique but wise trade for the ES from the 'Vette :D

I had a pair of Silverstars installed in my '96 ES for close to a year when I had the car, and I encountered no problems with the bulbs. They worked great and made a big difference to night driving. A lot of people have mentioned that the Sylvania Silverstars are one of the best quality halogen upgrades around, and after having them in my previous ES, I would say I totally agree with that statement.

For your cruise control problem, I would first pop the hood and check the wiring for the cruise control computer (don't ask me where it is under the hood) and see if it's plugged in correctly. If it is, then it's likely that the computer has become defective, and that you may need to bring the ES to a Lexus dealership for repair work.

Again, congrats on your '94 ES! :)

troubleshooting a cruise system is not easy as it is rather complicated, it is under the black shroud to the left side the battery when facing it.

read all the other posts for more info on the silverstars

the SilverStars are very nice bulbs. They are not made like the cheap crap you will find on Ebay (and trust me, I tried the cheapies on Ebay and they die in less than a month!).

The SilverStars light up the road very well at nice, and they emit a brilliant white light. They are pretty pricey though, especially when you have to buy 4 bulbs for the ES :( I think it cost me $100CAN for the four bulbs . . .

Regards,

Bryan

Yea,

Pepboys just got them in that day! Aparently, there was a rush of people who were looking for them. I didn't know!!!! I paid $100 for all four and I got the only four they had 9005 / 9006 I think are their numbers! The other thing that I have to do is get rid of the condensation inside the passenger side projector headlight. The "oven - bake" method seems like the only way. I just found something interesting........I read many threads about people's headlights containing moisture / condensation / cloudiness........it seems all of them, including myself, experienced that ONLY the passenger side headlight was the only faulty one?!?!?!?!?!?!? Maybe no one noticed this b4, but maybe there is a fault at the assembly plant?!?!?! Any thoughts?

-Brian

OK , Home now and the silverstars are white and definetly more defined the brights really show off , I really like the decision that I made by installing the sylvanias [ I drive 50% at nite ] they seem to be more focused than the stock bulbs , OVERALL A GOOD PURCHASE $37.00 A SET 9005 AND 9006 AT WALMART !best price I could find in my neck of the woods . B)

My car came with white fogs and I switched to yellow bulbs which are quite brite and a good match , Do you know if yellow silverstars are mfg'd ? Will take nite pic and post with the fogs on . B)

the PIAA ion crystal H3 bulbs go for about $30 each but can be had for less on some websites. I have one at home I will post in the AM.

for now, go to www.PIAA.com plug in your zip code and you can get a listing of who sells them in your area.

steviej