What Kind Of Brush Is Safe For Clear Coat?

no brush is a good brush as they collect dirt and scratch the surface unless new and cleaned all the time

use a wool mitt with a bucket to soap the car and put it in the laundry after each use to get the dirt out

No brush is good. Brushes by their very nature are simply too abrasive to be safe for a modern paint finish. Using a brush on your car is one of the worst things you can do to it.

I reccomend a high quality sheepskin, chenile, or microfiber wash mitt. We sell several at the Lexuscarcare.com store ;)

Then, how about one of those gas station car washes?? I washed my Lexus at a Shell gas station the other day because the car wash sign said 'Soft Car Wash', but it didn't seem 'soft' at all--it felt very rough. I remember seeing 'Touchless Car Wash' at some gas stations but couldn't find one at that time.

touchless is ok for occasional use especially in winter. but cloths scratch as much as brushes especially when used a bit .As they pick up dirt and rub you car like an exfoliation treatment.

Use a coin bay power washer with a bucket wash mitt or take it to a $5-10 detailer for a basic mitt wash there are a few here.

Okay, one more question. I bought this spray wax called 'Wax As-U-Dry' by Eagle One on an impulse a while ago and haven't used it yet. What's the verdict on them? I've lost the receipt so I can't even return it even if I end up not using it.:chairshot:

Wax as U Dry works very well, I use it after every wash. It doesn't at all replace waxing, but it makes the car easier to dry and leaves a nice finish. Keeps me from having to quick detail the car after a wash and keeps me from having to clean the outside of the windows.

Stay away from gas station carwashes as they're rarely well maintained. Touchless spray washes are fine but can leave waterspotting and use harsh soaps that remove wax coatings. I use them but only in the winter, and only if its *really* cold, otherwise I hand wash the car anyways.

Depending on the color of the car you may be able to get away with a good tunnel wash if you keep them from drying it afterwards.

I'd be skeptical of anyone that will wash your car for $5-$10. A good hand wash takes at least 30 minutes on a small car, it takes me about 45 on your average sedan. Detailers run their prices anywhere between $30-$70 an hour (I charge $60 an hour usually) I charge $30 for a carwash, which is typical of detailers around here. If a detailer is only charging $10 for a wash he's losing money, or not very skilled.

Sorry, I know this is not related to the subject. Steve, I've noticed that newer Toyota glass gets hard water stains very easy. Almost every time I wash the wife's '04 sienna I get water spots on atleast one window if not all. What the :censored: can I use to stop this :wacko:

Used to have an '02 Sequoia and now she has the '04 Sienna. I had a hard time with the Sequoia and now with the Sienna. The windows dry up fast and leave water spots. Part of the reason is our weather, it does not get under 80 even at 5 am. But I don't have the same problem with my LS400.

I'm thinking of buying the PC7424, found it for $119. What other pads would you recommend and where would I get them?

P.S. Some :censored: hit my left front while it was parked out in front of my house. I'm so :censored: mad I could spit bullets :chairshot: $1,300 of damage, the owner has insurance but the driver did not have a lic. and did not speak english(not from this country).

Thats terrible about the car! Hope you can get it fixed fast...

You can get pads from www.properautocare.com I reccomend the Lake Country pads, get 2 yellow, 2 white and one grey ;) Don't forget a good 6' backing plate.

We sell the PC buffer here with a cutting pad, polishing pad, and finishing pad and a backing plate. When all is said and done it might be cheaper. www.lexuscarcare.com

Do you guys recommend to use expensive 'microfiber detergent' rather than just regular 'Tide'? Is that special detergent really essential to wash and 'restore' the microfiber back to its full effectiveness?

use woolite to wash the microfibre towels

if the glass spots too fast then wax them it is dry and is sticky thus causing the water to not bead off.

In light rain i don't really need my wipers as the air flow blows it right off all my cars easily

• 2 weeks later...