Vinyl Caliper Decals

pcoyle

I found some vinyl caliper decals for the IS300 on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with these?

If so, my questions are:

1. How hard are they to install?

2. Do they last?

3. Will they cause any corrosion that would not otherwise occur?

4. Will they in any way affect my Lexus warranty?

Thanks.

People usually paint their calipers before putting those stickers on.

They are easy to put on, just like putting on a window sticker. You just need to make sure you get them aligned correctly onthe first try. You can''t really move them once they are studk on

If anything they shoud help protect from corrosion.

There shoud be no warranty problem as they don't affect funtion in any way.

I have the "L" logo and "Lexus" stickers on my caipers . I painted them first with G2 caliper paing. The stickers are from Flatline Graphics.

Some people put a clear coat over the stickers, but that can cause them to curl up. Mine have been on for over a year now, with no clear coat and they are still in perfect condition.

Heres a link to a pic of mine with the "L" logo.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bartkat/d...f&.dnm=6ec9.jpg

• 1 year later...

Could you post the link to a site that has caliper decals. SKperformance said there was some on this site?? meaning lexusownersclub?? how do i get to a merchandise section of this site?? if not this site, where can i order???

Thanks

Patrick

this is the link

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/merchandise/

at the bottom. We are soon to have a better page for ordering. But these stickers are still available as normal.

DO YOU STILL HAVE 1 SET IN RED COLOR. AND WILL THE LEXUS LETTERS BE IN BLACK? THANKS AND HOW MUCH IS IT IN USD FOR THE SET OF STICKERS ALONG WITH SHIPPING TO NYC.

Do I have to worry about the decal getting permanently dirty or will it always clean?? someone mentioned in a post about putting clear hi-temp paint over it... where do i find that clear hi-temp paint, no store seems to know of it??

No, don't put clear paint over them. Sometimes that dissolves the glue on the sticker and causes it to roll up. My stickers have been on for 2 years and still look just fine.