Nakamichi Cd Player Jammed!

Elsupremo

My Kid jammed the CD player, now the cartridge won't eject. I looked at the forums for help but there is no specific guide on the factory installed glove compartment Nacamichi CD, I am attaching a picture to see if someone is familiar in disassembling the above glove compartment set up. Thank you fellas...

post-4-1089062722.jpg

simple. you must PM him. the easiest way to do this is to click the "PM" link at the bottom of anybodys post. at the next screen simply change the recipients name to PIONEERSUBY in the box next to "OR Enter the members name here". then tell him what you would like help with in the box labeled "Enter your Post"

I have tried but i keep getting this error message:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board

hmmm. could that be because you are a new member? i think i remember hearing something about that.

Yeah, he's too new.

--------

ElSupremo:

I'll send Pioneersuby a message on your behalf to visit this thread.

yes i have extracted many cd magazines. the magazine has to be inserted with a thumb in the middle of the magazine. if pressured by either corner of the magazine it will jam. there is even an arrow on the magzine saying to push it in by pressure on the middle. kids are used to vcr magazines which have automatic loading mechanism which can be pushed in by corner presuure without a jsmming problem. this is owner fixable with proper instructions on cd changer removal from the dash. here goes some instructions but pictures can be emailed or faxed. the lower glovebox is attached by popouts.you have to pull the top edge of lower glovebox . it takes a good tug. once the wood faceplate is detached the woodfaceplate screws will be visibleand can it be removed. then the cd changer 4 nuts can be removed. there is a manual eject in the bottom right rear corner of the changer . stick a small screw driver and push the manual eject lever. if that doesnt eject it the changer will have to be taken apart to extract the magazine . you do not want to just pull out the magazine by forse or it will ruin the changer. i have sent an email through the club for pictures to be sent on glovebox removal.

thanks to UCF3 for putting me in touch with Pioneersuby.

You say in your reply "you have to pull the top edge of lower glovebox . it takes a good tug." I am attaching a picture of what I think it is and if you could direct me to where the popouts are I could get oriented.

Thanks guys.

post-4-1089602956.jpg

Pioneersuby,

when you say popouts is that the rupper grumelets that are glued to the glove box to stop it from vibrating? if so how do I remove then without damaging them... a little heat?

click on my name tag and my email will be there under AOL address.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for connecting me to Pioneersuby. I was able to complete the fix on this complicated matter with his proffesional guidance.

I would like to nominate Pioneersuby as member of the month for his invaluable assistance. he was kind enough to send actual pictures of my CD unit and exact instructions on how to repair the Jamm.

This gentleman knows his stuff!! and saved me a pile of cash.

Thanks again Pioneersuby! All the best.

No heat needed just take out all the phillips head screws and you will also have two ten mm nuts to take off on the bottom left and right of the glove box. you can give it a little tug on the top to get the clips on the top to pop out, The total job took me 15 mins. very easy

i have the same problem, however, mine is in the trunk. To be specific, it is a Pioneer Auto CD Changer SN-86270-50010 / CDX-M9751zt. I have a '93 LS 400. Someone put it in backwards and now the door will not open. Is there a manual eject in the back of these players, or what can i do? thanks