97 Ls 400 Won't Start

fjstl

This is a terrific car and I'm new to this make. Because the car wasn't starting, I and my mechanic thought it was possible that all of my keys may have been corrupted because of their being placed on top of a mobil swipe card. The keys checked out ok and the car still won't start. My mechanic believes the problem is in the immobilizer and is changing the "amplifier" which I believe sends a signal from a transponder key to the rf remote security center that tells the car to start. I've been told that they don't believe it is in the ecm, as there are no codes and the car was running absolutely beautiful until it decided to just spin over without starting. The sound is like a broken timing belt sound, but thats been ruled out.

Has anyone experienced such a problem, and if so how was it resolved and what did it cost? Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am desparate for help. thank you.

everything in this vehicle is lexus installed. It was running beautiful, then all of a sudden on the next morning it just wouldn't start. It cranks, but nothing and the timing belt, distributor, and numerous other parts have been ruled out. they are looking at the security unit.

thanks for the reply.

everything in this vehicle is lexus installed. It was running beautiful, then all of a sudden on the next morning it just wouldn't start. It cranks, but nothing and the timing belt, distributor, and numerous other parts have been ruled out. they are looking at the security unit.

thanks for the reply.

did your mechanic check the EFI fuse, are they any spark/fire in the sparkplug? it could have a bad coil and the igniter, check the fuel pump relay or fuel pump itself.