Cell Phone Won't Connect Via Bluetooth

Can anyone help me with my cell phone issue? I have two different cell phones I have tried to connect to my GS 300 and both do the same thing, I get to the info screen that has the 4 digit passkey and I "pair" my cell phone with the GS successfully, according to the phone. Then the phone says "connecting" and gets stuck there. I tried getting out of the pairing screen on the GS 300, but that doesn't help either. Is there an order that I have to do things in order for the car to recognize the phone and vice versa. Like once it's paired, do I have to start the engine up or go to some other screen etc. Thanks for any help, I still have a few days left on my 10 day warranty (used purchase) so I really want to get this figured out. I tried doing a search on this web site but my Internet Explorer doesn't seem to be compatible with the search outputs, all I see is the black background and some names to the left. Thanks again.

I don't have a sure fix, but do have some insight. Some systems just don't pair with some phones. It sux but it's just the way it is. Now, upon pairing, make sure the phone stays "awake" during the whole pairing process. I also know that some (most) blackberry phones are not very compatible to some Bluetooth systems. My iPhone paired to my gs300 but won't load the phone book. I figure that's just the way it is. Good luck!

• 5 months later...

Here's a thought, go to the Lexus website>My Lexus at the very top of the page; then go to Bluetooth>

Launch the tool on the right side of the page. It will ask Phone Brand, Carrier, Model and then print out

the Pairing Page,Transfer A Phone Number From Phone to Vehicle page. Print that. Then open the,

Transfer a Phone Number From Vehicle Phonebook To Vehicle "1-Touch"; Print that also. Then open

the Make A "1-Touch" Phone call From Vehicle, Print this page finally. Go to the vehicle with all of the

pages of instructions, go to the nav unit open up the phone section and delete the phone that is already

installed. Pick up the paperwork and get busy. If you want to find out something about a vehicle go to

the manufacturer first. Most of them have a webpage by now and ask the folks that built it. 73s KF5GKQ

and have a good day, week, month, and year!