Pure Acetone Increases Gas Mileage On Vehicles?

I saw a vid clip indicating how someone doubled their gas mileage from 17 to 34 mpg, did the usual taking heavy items out of the car/less weight, replaced air filter etc, and added a few ounces of acetone with gas and doubled the gas mileage...for all you to view, heres the vid. let me know what you think

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/524517/doubl...gas_mileage_2x/

I saw a vid clip indicating how someone doubled their gas mileage from 17 to 34 mpg, did the usual taking heavy items out of the car/less weight, replaced air filter etc, and added a few ounces of acetone with gas and doubled the gas mileage...for all you to view, heres the vid. let me know what you think

Yes, it did increase my mpg, but certainly NOT by double! Over the course of several months and probably ten to twelve tanks of Chicago city stop and go driving my average went up from 14.7 to about 16 mpg. Obviously adding acetone did not address whatever was causing such low mpg to begin with, but it helped a little.

From an organic chemistry perspective, the addition of acetone -- in the right proportions -- will increase the amount of fuel burned instead of wasted. It did for me.

Yes, it did increase my mpg, but certainly NOT by double! Over the course of several months and probably ten to twelve tanks of Chicago city stop and go driving my average went up from 14.7 to about 16 mpg. Obviously adding acetone did not address whatever was causing such low mpg to begin with, but it helped a little.

From an organic chemistry perspective, the addition of acetone -- in the right proportions -- will increase the amount of fuel burned instead of wasted. It did for me.

Are their serious downfalls to using the substance such as hearing that the acetone solution may mess up the O rings/gaskets, fuel injectors, etc. in the long run. I even read that due to acetone having 5% of water may create rust in gas tank. trying to do as much research as possible, my car is 96, 154,xxx miles

There is water in gas station holding tanks so water is always in there.

I am worried about the properties of acetone on rubber and plastic seal components. I am not sure so i am personally not using it.

I am worried about the properties of acetone on rubber and plastic seal components. I am not sure so i am personally not using it.

Lexus/Toyota does not recomend using acetone. At your own risk................ :censored: I wouldn't...................

Lexus/Toyota does not recomend using acetone. At your own risk................ :censored: I wouldn't...................

Acetone will desolve most rubber/plastic....if yyou do use it you must dilute it sufficiently...but I wouuld not risk it.

Ofcorse so will gasoline, diesel fuels, oils of various types. All of our petrolium products are quite potent solvents in their own right, and the concertrations are microscopic.

I would not use acetone. Acetone will dissolve the gaskets and rubber stuff much quicker than gasoline. That's not the most important point. Look at it from gas filter standpoint. The filter doesn't just filter out dirt, sluggish and contaminants, but it also trap water from the gasoline. On the other hand, acetone and water do mix. When acetone gets inside the fuel filter, it will bring the unwanted out and into the engine. I don't think you want water inside your engine.

Getting the water out of the fuel system and burned is no problem as once it is burned it is gone and causes no harm . I would rather use a water treatment if i felt i had that much water to be bothered.

Here is an interesting link that is pro acetone. ( plz work link !!) http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005...900069_Acetone/

yea i checked that out..thats why im in the air with this one, i was suprised by the vid how the guy managed to double his gas mileage, the acetone added 10 miles to the gallon, the rest was common stuff like proper inflation of tires and limiting the extra weight in the trunk

yea i checked that out..thats why im in the air with this one, i was suprised by the vid how the guy managed to double his gas mileage, the acetone added 10 miles to the gallon, the rest was common stuff like proper inflation of tires and limiting the extra weight in the trunk

This is one of those questions that people just have different opinions on. I would like to see an anti-acetone poster show me proof that the miniscule percentage of acetone in your 18 gallon gas tank is doing any harm to the engine. I used it for several months and only stopped because it was a pain in the butt to pour it into the gas tank at each fill up. It did improve my mph by 1 mile a gallon or so, and 2 on the highway, and that was six months ago. No ill effects, and if I thought it was destroying my engine I assure you I would not be using it. But, to each his own...I recommend giving it a try, as long as you're not expecting to go from 18 mpg to 36 mpg!

This is one of those questions that people just have different opinions on. I would like to see an anti-acetone poster show me proof that the miniscule percentage of acetone in your 18 gallon gas tank is doing any harm to the engine. I used it for several months and only stopped because it was a pain in the butt to pour it into the gas tank at each fill up. It did improve my mph by 1 mile a gallon or so, and 2 on the highway, and that was six months ago. No ill effects, and if I thought it was destroying my engine I assure you I would not be using it. But, to each his own...I recommend giving it a try, as long as you're not expecting to go from 18 mpg to 36 mpg!

Ever calculate the cost of this mileage increase? 100% gasoline vs. xx% of acetone in gasoline.

I recall acetone is not cheap and i prefer not to store this stuff in my garage or in my car. Acetone is very flammable and combustible, so under hot summer temperature while seating in the trunk, i don't want to imagine anymore.