Remote Keyless Fob - 97 Ls400

wandawoods

b8_1_b.JPG

I took a chance and bought a Remote Keyless Fob for my 97 LS4. according to some info upon searching the web, I successfully got it programmed tonight!

grand eBay total is $18 vs dealer price at $125, what a saving!

any1 interested in getting a spare or a 2nd one, can save this post for later use. also be sure the FCC ID on the remote u are getting matches the one you already have. the FCC ID is also listed in owner’s manual. they are more than likely is either HYQWDT-C or HYQ1512P

local lex dealer charges $45+ (0.5-hr labor) to program the fob! there are a few versions of programming procedure floating arount the web, here is the one works for me (id: HYQWDT-C):

1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.

2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.

3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

4. Shut door.

5. Open door.

6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.

8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.

9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.

10. Close the door.

11. Open the door.

12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.

13. Close the door

14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.

15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

before it get successfully programmed, you will hear a 10-seconds long beep which did take me by surprise! I though I was in big trouble....

Am in need of remotes for my 97 LS400. Which FCC number is on the back of the key fob you purchased from e-bay?

I have been led to believe ony one remote will work.

Thx

David

1997 LS400

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

just ordered one off ebay for $30 now i have to find out how to program it on the web ill let you know how it turns out ive needed one for 2 years but was just really complacent

after i take the key out of the ignition the 2 time i get 2 cycles instead of 1 and i dont know where to go from there obviously the key works all the numbers are exactly the same as my original key so whats the deal im not ready to throw in the towel yet and go to the dealer but any suggestions would be appreciated i get the one cycle after i take the key out but when i press the remote on the new key i get 2 cycles instead of 1 and i cant program it

• 2 years later...

These instructions worked for the remote I purchased with the exception that I had to do the sequences quickly, rather than slowly. For instance, in step 7, I did NOT keep the key in the ignition for five seconds, but removed it immediately. I also did not hear a 10-seconds long beep at any time.

Sha400, maybe you can try it again but speeding everything up a bit. Or look here for help:

http://www.toy-lex.com/programming

HTH

Laurie

• 6 months later...

95 LS400 worked great - it took a couple of tries - if you go to slow it will not work - Thanks for the Help

b8_1_b.JPG

I took a chance and bought a Remote Keyless Fob for my 97 LS4. according to some info upon searching the web, I successfully got it programmed tonight!

grand eBay total is $18 vs dealer price at $125, what a saving!

any1 interested in getting a spare or a 2nd one, can save this post for later use. also be sure the FCC ID on the remote u are getting matches the one you already have. the FCC ID is also listed in owner’s manual. they are more than likely is either HYQWDT-C or HYQ1512P

local lex dealer charges $45+ (0.5-hr labor) to program the fob! there are a few versions of programming procedure floating arount the web, here is the one works for me (id: HYQWDT-C):

1. sitting in driver seat, with driver's door OPEN, press lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR to lock all doors, then manually unlock driver door only.

2. Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, then remove key.

3. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

4. Shut door.

5. Open door.

6. Using the same lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, again slowly press lock-unlock in 5 cycles

7. With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to 'on' position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.

8. Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once by herself). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.

9. Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, then release the button. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.

10. Close the door.

11. Open the door.

12. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should do a lock-unlock cycle.

13. Close the door

14. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock.

15. Press unlock button and the doors should unlock.

before it get successfully programmed, you will hear a 10-seconds long beep which did take me by surprise! I though I was in big trouble....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I tried many times to program the key fob, but it did not work for me.It does not go through step 8. Even if I tried to program it slower or faster, there were no difference.I bought the car without any key fob. What can the problem could be,and how can I program the fob?