2jz Ge Engine Building & Turbo

Okay, so I'm trying to research options for building the GE to go turbo, more specifically options for pistons and manifolds. I know there are a few pistons - greddy (too much $), je, something else i cant think of right now....anyways, I'm basically looking for price and where to buy them. Also, manifolds, I dont want a full kit, but i wanted to know what manifolds are out there and where to purchase them. Okay, thanks for any input.

since you are building it you should go ahead and change the rods too because you dont want to do all that work and have the rods give out so get some crowers for about a grand. and i should mention that the GE rods are thinner then a b16a rod from a honda.

Pre vvt-i GE internals are very strong. This ain't no honda. Cars have made 600 hp with only lowered compression. Running nitrous on top is what breaks it. I'd recommend fuel system research. That is more important. The stock GE can make 400hp at the wheels all day long.

yea the pre vvt-i but when that kicked in it also can only hold about 400hp then it will let go. i know size doesent matter but well these were just a bit too small. even my friend which is a veteran tuner says that they are a bit too small to be carelessly making power on. so i would say dont skimp on rods.

well if your looking for pistons and rods i can deffinatly help you my friend just rebuilt his 2jzgtte on his supra and he took the advice of a popular magazine (super street) and had alot of sucess with arias pistons and crower rods and valves im not at my house now but i will post and give u companies and sites where u can find these good luck with the rebuild

Okay thanks for some of the good info. I'm fine with the stock rods, and I've got fuel covered. I was just more interested in what pistons were available, and what manifolds were available. So again, any suggestions on those two items would help. Thanks.