Buying Sc Tommorrow

If everything is good with good maintance record. Then for $6,500 thats a steal.

:cheers:

btw: Isn't there a 120k service that needs to be done later??[i bought mine at 146k, so I don't know much about this service].

Yea, I am hoping that he would sell it for me around 6,200, but I think he is firm on the price. The only things I don't like are the auto tranny and dark green color :rolleyes: , lol. He lives like 45 mins from me so hopefully we'll settle on a deal. Another thing, I am buying this car with my own money, at the age of 16.

I don't know man. I can't believe you're not already at his door with a certified check in hand. Don't walk....RUN to the bank, get the funds and speed over to this guy ASAP before someone else does!

Great car for $6500 dude. Nice find.

LexusSC300: 1. Did you pull carfax on it yet?

2. What is the private party and retail sales "Kelly Blue Book value" www.kellybluebook.com

3. What about maintance records? Doesn't have to be maintaned by a Lexus dealer!

Can someone tell us what the 120k service is? And, if it necessory! [in few sentences] :)

LexusSC300: 1. Did you pull carfax on it yet?

2. What is the private party and retail sales "Kelly Blue Book value" www.kellybluebook.com

3. What about maintance records? Doesn't have to be maintaned by a Lexus dealer!

Can someone tell us what the 120k service is? And, if it necessory! [in few sentences] :)

1. Did you pull carfax on it yet?

I havn't yet, I don't have a carfax account, so if anyone has one, please help me out.

I checked the private party as "Good" condition, and the private sales are $6,920

I am pretty sure he keeps good maintance, but I'm going to see if he has receipts.

I am also interested in the 120k service. How much did it cost? What needs to be replaced... ect?

We didn't even look at the car! :-\

My bro-in-law offered to sell me his SC400 for 3g. Then my parents told me not to buy it because blah blah blah :cries: :chairshot: that's 3000 for a SC400 w/ 123k miles!!! Parents :censored:

Even if the car needs to have a major service done on it, it is still a good buy. If your parents (or anyone for that matter) thinks that the miles are to high, it is because they are use to lifespan of a domestically engineered vehicle and not the lifespan of a Toyota/Lexus.

Jump on it.

My 93 sc400 only has 62k miles on it and I consider it in excellent condition and the pics u show look as good as mine.

I would not part with my car for even $12k..just barely broke in

at 62k and 113k is probably not even at the half way point of its

functional life.

L

Please anyone help me find a way to convince my parents. They've heard that the history of the car is bad but for 3k, you CAN'T beat it! Im thinking of bribing them 500 dollars. That way, 3,500 for a SC400 is still a steal... :pirate:

$3500 for a SC400...what a deal!! :D I convinced my parents in to getting me a LS with 225k. I first looked at the car and drove it. It was awesome, so I took some pics for my dad to look at. Then, he agreed to come look at he car with me a second time, and now it's sitting in my driveway! :D Make it clear to your parents that you'll pay for all of these repairs that they think you'll face(none, most likely), and take them with you to see the car. Show them that just because it's got more than 100k, it's not a pos. Remember that a Lexus is forever! Here's a pic of my baby at 228k...

DSC00766.sized.jpg

DSC00777.sized.jpg

DSC00774.sized.jpg

Best of luck and keep us posted!

:cheers:

Nice ride Blake :cheers: . Yeah, let your parents see and test drive the car. After my dad looked at it and test drove it, he was all over it and gave a $200 deposit right away.

Either that or he was just glad to see me happy, that I found my second dream car after my brother stole the Legend away from me.:chairshot: And, now he is taking my Lex, that is super fudge. :chairshot:

But thats OK, if he puts one scratch on it, I'm buying another one that will look exaclty like Blakes. :chairshot: Gen. 2 Black with tan interior.

Dude, either your BS'n everyone here or your parents are complete idiot's. Which is it?

I'm not trying to be disrepectful. Just pull the trigger and buy the car or don't buy it.

The remark you made about the history of the car being bad is a load.

If the money to buy the car is coming from your parents then you are at their mercy. If they are so naive to think that an SC400 is a piece of bad merchandise they are out of their minds. Not only that, but if i were you, I would be very skeptical of any advise they give you in the future. I freakin' hate it when people (parent's or otherwise) spew crap out their mouths just because they think they need to give advise. As they say "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Sorry about the rant. Look, if your parents are so concerned about buying a Lexus, just tell 'em to forget about it and and go out and buy you some piece of crap like a Cadillac or Daimler Chrysler.

The sc4 was driven my my sister, because it belong to my bro-in-law. I guess when she was driving the car, it overheated 2 times, and had various problems. Besides that, the car's condition is very nice. He keeps it in a garage for winters. He's selling it for 6,300 but he's giving it to me for 3k. My parents scolded at me because they're afraid I'm gonna be stuck with a car that has to be repaired for the rest of its life. I told them I'll pay for repairs, insurance, gas, ect. Afterall, I do have 8k in my bank. But they won't bulge :censored:

If you go to a Lexus dealer for regular maintance that $8k will be lost in a sec. Find a good, realiable, not to expensive mechanic and get the things done from them. And, go to the Lexus dealer if nobody can help you out.

123k is nothing for a Lexus or even any other good import. (talking about Acura, Honda, & Toyota)