Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Random misfire cylinders 1-5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mattman615
      I have recently become the owner of a 2000 LX470. It’s the Gold edition, (Air-ride, sunroof, leather, AWD, V8, etc) This girl has had several timing belt replacements, and has been kept up very well. It has had several because the previous owner had it replaced once, and then the tensioner broke after replacement. He then had it changed out again. Any how, I’ve began to notice a lack of power and a straight up misfire on cold start only. This only happens when it is below Normal operating temp, and it is enough of a misfire that I can feel it stuttering, and it has a very strong hesitation to accelerate. It has new plugs, new fuel filter, And new air filter. It also has no stored trouble codes, and does not trigger a check engine light, as well as any other in dash monitors, and has not since this began around 3-4 months ago. Please give me a word of advice!! 

• By dabNebula
      So in the attached image you can see the list of dtcs I have on a 2000 rx 300 AWD

I have tested coils and replaced spark plugs on 2-4-6, all should be in perfect shape.
      I have tested unplugging the coils I could easily access with the entire intake assembled, which seemed to not affect the idle, leading me to believe that perhaps those spark plugs in the back are no good.

I am going to head back out now to work on getting to and replacing the 1-3-5 spark plugs, if I can manage. 

1. With the intake and throttle body(s?) removed, is it worth any attempt to remove the o2 sensor from above? I tried from below several times, with PB blaster let to sit overnight, to no avail.
      2. As I was taking off the intake filter lid, I could swear that one of the two "vacuum" hoses directly behind it, may have been unattached. I followed the one that is attached and it seems to lead to the Fuel Injector rail for 2-4-6. With this logic, would it make sense that the other tube leads to 1-3-5 injectors, and all this could have been from the vacuum leak causing those cylinders to run lean/misfire?
      3. Is there anything else I should check while I have the throttle body's off (and cleaned up beautifully) like the MAF, etc? I do have a multimeter, but I have only tried using it a couple of times and am not 100% on which items to check for which values.
      4. Is there anyone here with any insight on what values to check on my Code Scanner's "Live Data"? I found a great OBD2 scanner, but I don't know how to use these tools to verify the fix...

My plan now is to replace the 1-3-5 spark plugs, reassemple the intake, verifying all connections are made and see how she runs... but I will work at the o2 sensor or anything else possible, while it's apart.

Thank you if you read this! I am new to the forum, as I just purchased this car for my wife, so thanks in advance, if anyone hears this!

Steve

• By SvpremeKai
      Hello everyone! I’m pretty new here, and before I ask my question, yes I’ve been throughout forums seeking answers and have tried a few things but now I feel as though I need advice. 

Recently grabbed a ‘93 LS400 that’s been misfiring. I just had the alternator and belt tensioner replaced but the car did stall out on me due to very rough and low idle. Check engine code comes up for the mass air flow sensor and TPS, both of which were replaced and recently adjusted by my mechanic. I had heard that if the catalytic converters were glowing red that means that they were possibly clogged, possibly oil in the cylinders leaking(?). I’m not sure, I’m fairly new to these vehicles in general. 
      One thing to keep note of is, the check engine light is illuminated. When I give the car gas it shows major power loss, however halfway thru second gear the car starts to pickup/ maintain speed and the check engine light goes away. Once I come to a stop, or even let off the gas for a bit the CEL comes back. Complete stop brings the rough idle back. I did read that the ignition coils could be to blame as well. I changed the one dead center in the engine, but not the second one by the battery.

My question is should I be weary of the cats? My plan was the yank them and simply straight pipe the car on back. However efficiency is all I want now considering I haven’t had time to even enjoy the car since I purchased it 😟 

1993 LS400 
      188,114 Miles

• By ncdragbike
      So my wife's 99 RX300 lit the check engine light and went into limp mode. Had the codes read and showed 2, one for air fuel ration and another for knock sensor voltage. I replaced the AF sensors front and rear first just because they are easy. no change. Next I replaced both of the knock sensors. this cured the knock sensor code but left me with a Lean Misfire on Bank 1. I cleaned the MAF, same thing so I replaced it, still the same. The last round I decided to replace the fuel injectors. While I had the intake off again I replaced the plugs and swapped the coils from the front bank to the rear, (if I did have a coil issue the code would should banks). It did run OK if you drive it like a Grandma. If you get on it, it will miss an sputter in the upper RPM range and throw the check engine light. P0171, P0330, P0250 are the current codes. Knock sensors are new along with other parts. right now I'm leaning to fuel delivery problems, fuel pump or pressure regulator.
      I drive a truck OTR so I'm not home but a limited amount of time and have a limited amount of internet access  Because of that I've been dealing with this for over 6 months. Luckily I have a 92 Ford Explorer with 250,000 miles the purrs like a kitten she can drive 
      Any insight would be appreciated
      Vehicle is a 1999 RX300 AWD 140,000 miles. had a new timing belt and water pump @ 120,000, O2 post cat and exhaust repair @ 125,000 along with parts mentioned in the post.

• By alecxjk
      So basically here is whats happening. I own a 1992 es300 with 112,000 miles on it. I bought the car about 3 months ago with 105,000 miles on it. All in all its a pretty decent set of wheels for a poor 22 year old college student, however it has a couple of problems. The primary issue is this. When I stop at a light and the car is idling it will idle at about 750rpm, however after idling for a couple of minutes it will drop to about 500rpms, and this is when a single misfire occurs. The misfire is completely random, and sometimes doesn't happen at all, however i noticed when the A/C or heater or just the fan for the vents is on, the misfire seems to be more consistent. The car does not misfire while driving, only when idling or after freshly shifting into gear. This problem is driving me crazy, Ive replaced the O2 sensors, the spark plugs, and got a complete tune up done. There is no check engine light. Ive done a ton of research and from what I can tell it is either the ignition coils failing, or something to do with the fuel injectors. But before i shell out more money that I dont have I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the issue or has experienced a similiar issue themselves? Also i feel it neccecary to mention the transmission is slipping, not all the time, but sometimes it does slip, im taking it to get looked at next week. Its a great car and honestly Id hate to get rid of it so soon.Thanks in advance for anyone who responds, i really appreciate it. Also I read on here that i should be using 91 octane fuel instead of 87 is this true?