Error Codes

IndyRon

I took my lexus to the dealer today and it came back error codes 25 and 26, he told me 99% its the mass air sensor

what do you thing as what I read it is the main oxegen sensor is that the same thing?

Nope. These are 2 different animals. The MAF is on the intake hose right before the trottle body. Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that the O2 sensors are all on the exhaust manifold area?? <_<

For the 93 LS, codes 25 & 26 indicate an air-fuel ration lean and rich malfunction. One of the possible causes that are listed is the mass airflow sensor which is in the air induction system, it is located between the air filter and the throttle body. First thing I would check would be for tears or splits in the rubber bellows section of the air intake. If you have any tears in the bellows, the engine can be sucking air that is not going through the mass airflow sensor so the ecm will not know the true volume of air entering the intake, thus it will not know how much fuel to run through the injectors to keep the air fuel ration correct. Other listed possible causes are a bad oxygen sensor or associated circuitry, the ignition system or the engine coolant temp sensor, bad fuel injectors, bad fuel pressure, etc. To answer your question, the oxygen sensor and the mass airflow sensor are not the same, the oxygen sensor is located in the exhaust system and the mass airflow sensor is located in the air intake system.