Lx450 Pinging

Mojo

I notice when my wife takes off there is pinging until the computer retards the timing and it stops. It lasts about a second or so. Doesn't do it when its cold

Any thoughts.

Thanks Mojo

I notice when my wife takes off there is pinging until the computer retards the timing and it stops. It lasts about a second or so. Doesn't do it when its cold

Any thoughts.

Thanks Mojo

Have you tuned your engine lately? It could be bad plugs, gas, or clogged air filter. You should have no pinging under load.

George

Mine has been doing this also even after a complete tune up and 93 octane gas. I also had an injector/throttle body cleaning and used several fuel additives to remove deposits. Nothing worked for me. I finally had to !Removed! the timing back to 1.5 BTC (factory setting is 3 BTC). That seems to have done the trick.

Thanks

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

How far did you have to !Removed! the timing? Just curious as I have it set at 1.5 to 2 BTC and it cured most of it. I still get a little. If you !Removed! it back to far you may get poor mileage and carbon buildup. I was tempted to !Removed! mine back one more degree.

Thanks

Andrew