POOR gas mileage

Collin2377

Hello everybody. A few weeks ago I bought a beautiful 2011 Lexus ES 350. Right in the first day I noticed something is not right with the gas mileage. It is usually between 11 and 13 MPG. If I go on the highway, if I am lucky it would be 18-19 MPG.  I know that is not right. Also, for example if it shows me that I have 300 miles left with my full tank and I drive (for example) 50 miles, instead of showing 250 which would be normal, the computer shows me 198. Also I need to specify that even if I do not need to, I always use the PREMIUM gas (93). 

Any idea if this could be fixable or I just got a bad car ? Thank you in advance for your response. 

2011_Lexus_ES_350.jpg

Hello Collin , I have a 2007 model and I was getting terrible gas mileage also . I think it was because I was using the car for short drives ( 3 - 8 miles ) in the city . The car was not getting warmed up and by the time it was warmed up I was at work and it sat for 8 hours . Then I used it for a 200 mile trip which I do very infrequently and it got like 32, 33 mpg . Most of my drives are real short now that I'm retired . Had the car since 2007 and it has only 21,500 miles on it . When you give your highway mileage is that mixed with city miles or straight highway miles ? I was only getting 10 to 12 mpg for my short city drives . One other thing , I would check out the mileage on paper and not just rely on the gauges . I live with the bad city mileage because I like the car and I don't spend a lot on gas anyway because I don't drive that much .

Thank you for your response. Still, I think 10 to 12 miles per gallon is not ok. Mine does the same. When I wrote that if I am lucky I would get 18-19 MPG, that is highway and city combined. I never saw on my dashboard 28 or 32 MPG. I am taking it tomorrow to a Lexus dealer to have it checked. Hopefully they won't charge me a lot. 

I went today at a Lexus Dealer and they said there is nothing wrong with the car. They also said that 10 miles/gallon is not ok even for city drives. I honestly think they didn't check anything because I was not a paying customers ( I have insurance). I will take it somewhere else tomorrow. They also said that they reset the computer. My new reading is 6.2 miles per gallon. They also scratch my front bumper really bad. 

14466232_1428617530499328_2093285738_o.jpg