How can I make my Lexus gs300 louder? I.e exhaust(s)?

Yo wassup ya. I have a stock 99 Lexus Gs300 and I want it to sound more aggressive and louder. Can I get some tips on how to make it louder and/or any links for any purchases I can make to make my Gs300 louder? For example maybe exhaust/straight pipe or what not? Thank you 

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I would really like to know why guys these days think its so cool to have a super loud exhaust??? Its more annoying and a nuisance to the general public. Lots of guys have this where I live, and Im about to buy a paint ball gun to shoot at every loud car that goes by because Im sick of it. Back in the day of real hot rods we had cherry bombs/glass packs that made our car sound tough, but not super noisy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Brrrrrrrrrrp! Brrrrrrrrrp pop pop pppop" seems to be the thing to do these days by the crooked hat community with 95% of their skivies exposed. 

Ah, I take solice in knowing that this year I have to put up with the racket but next year I'll be picking good parts from what's left of them at my local junkyard because they're either crashed or the drivetrain is destroyed. 

I restored two Honda Preludes from junk yard cars with broken engines or bad transmissions. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 5:35 PM, millbon said:

Installing an aftermarket muffler can make your exhaust louder.

I agree, I am sure that he have managed to figure out which muffler to install since it's been 5 years since this thread was created. 

• 8 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 9:32 PM, egreen lexus said:

I would really like to know why guys these days think its so cool to have a super loud exhaust??? Its more annoying and a nuisance to the general public. Lots of guys have this where I live, and Im about to buy a paint ball gun to shoot at every loud car that goes by because Im sick of it. Back in the day of real hot rods we had cherry bombs/glass packs that made our car sound tough, but not super noisy.

I remember in high school this one fellow had a camaro that was really hopped up but no rumble or drone came out of the exhaust when it would ease past us in the high school parking lot. Just a raspy thunder. It wasn't quiet by any means but it had a sound that you knew that sucker was fast. What impressed me as much as anything was when the guy would roll down the electric window to chat with somebody. Diamond tucked leather seats, a/c…am/fm 8 track, electric antenna etc…that car was sweet!! 

Decades later a coffee and cars show for rich guys took place near where I was working and this one dude takes off in a Cadillac that sounded like an Indy car. Another guy in a beamer that sounded like an F1 car.

Quality sounding high performance exhausts are a rare treat in my neck of the woods. To me the luxury hot rod is the ultimate in sports cars. The quiter the better though. Yet high performance exhausts produce more noise at speed. So when I stomp on the throttle no burp please.

Loud just to be loud? No thanks.