CRASHED MY LEXUS!!! ADVICE PLEASE...

On 4/1/2016 at 1:27 AM, quicksilversurfer said:

So.... here's some interesting updates.

I realized that I have car insurance from my company, and here is a summary of what has taken place when I talked to them.

They consider the car to be a total loss, and will reimburse me to about $4800 if I decide to salvage it. If I keep it, I'll probably get around $3000. 

The appraiser did a repair estimate, which came to around $5400 in damages. Here are the things that he included:

• Tires - It has a gouge in it, could work with it, but added because it's a safety concern - $200
  • Front Bumper - Reconditioned, Molding, Bumper Cover retainer bracket - $760
  • Hood - Replacement - $1200
  • Fender - Right replacement left finishing to match color - $400
  • Front Lamps - Right replacement, signal lamp assemble, side marker lamp, parking lamp, fog lamp replacement - $750
  • Radiator Support - No estimate
  • Wheel Balancing - $12
  • Miscellaneous Charges - $30

I'm actually thinking of keeping it but I will have to go through some trouble to fix it and not sure of the final charges. Oh and by the way, I haven't been able to pass emissions and when I took it to a mechanic they said that I might have to replace / repair my catalytic converter or exhaust. That's a pretty expensive repair, but I was willing to go through with that before this happened.

In case I don't keep it, I make a very small loss on buying the car, but I lose something I have started liking very much. Not sure if I can find another nice Lexus anytime soon.

So that's where it's at right now, I have time to think over the weekend and decide early next week. Thought I'd bounce this off you guys.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks and TGIF.

My advice would be to go around junk yards, at least you will save in the headlamp case since there is no color matching problem, you can also get fender easily