So How Long Does It Take For The Aircon To Cool

chips229

Hi all....i was just wondering how well the aircon should work.My LS400 is a mk1 and is around 13 years old,its been hot and dry in the uk today for a change,ive been to a car show and the cars been locked up with the windows closed most of the day.Ive not had many cars with aircon,the last one had aircon but for the model they were know to be a poor system and didnt cool the car very well,anyway im thinking that my 400 needs a re-charge to the aircon because it cools the car but againest hired cars with aircon ive driven in the past when on holiday,my 400 takes a while 10 mins may be to cool the inside of the car..

What with the weather in the states being hotter most of the time..thought id ask you guys your thoughts on the aircon on you cars...any replys are most welcome on this topic...thanks.

I had an 85 honda accord that started doing the same thing after about 10 years...

Got a re-charge and it helped Big Time....I'm sure its due!!!

10 minutes is too long, should be getting cool within a minute or two for sure.

Although, you may open Pandora's box withe the re-charge....its an old system and you may well find : leaks, faulty compressor, etcc...

For just a re-charge - its worth a shot :D

that sounds about right.

Chips:

Providing you don't have any other A/C related problems (i.e compressor etc) you should be able to buy a kit from a retailer.

Is this related to this situation: [i'll write it in my point of view]

When I turn on the heat for about 2 minutes or so and then turn it off, warm air still comes out of the vents. But when I turn on the AC for about 2 minutes or so and then turn it off, cool air does not come.

Is this a problem?

Chip: I was thinking of what Mk stands for? Is it Generation, what we use here.

Is this related to this situation: [i'll write it in my point of view]

When I turn on the heat for about 2 minutes or so and then turn it off, warm air still comes out of the vents. But when I turn on the AC for about 2 minutes or so and then turn it off, cool air does not come.

Is this a problem?

Chip: I was thinking of what Mk stands for? Is it Generation, what we use here.

I'll assume your in "manual" mode with fan on too......

Cool air should slowly dissapate from the vents...

I do this all the time in summer when I'm about 1/2 mile from my house. Turn a/c off, keep fan on low, and let cool air dissapate. This, I find, helps reduce the amount of "condensation" on the garage floor - a lot of it drips out by the time I get to my home.

A picky thing I know....but that's the way I do it. I also believe is helps Prolong the A/C system...

:D