Sc400 5 Speed?

Okay, ever since I first noticed that SC's exist, I've always been told that the 300 is the only one that came with a factory 5 speed manual transmission, but I've been told by 2 people now that the SC400 also had this option. I think this is total bs, so I've come to the experts to find out; tell me, is what I've thought all these years true, or am I gonna have to eat my words?

As far as I know, the SC400 was made for the US, some European and Australian Markets. Non have offered a 5speed option, but I have come across some people who have made a custom 6speed for the SC4.

SC300 is the only one that came with a factory 5 speed manual transmission

Lex3486,

You are the enlightened one. SC4's never had a manual offered. See http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#01

Quote: "Manual transmissions were never offered for the SC400 and were discontinued after 1997 on the SC300. "

• 3 weeks later...

They may have seen one of those Infamous SC300 that were badged as SC400.

I watched a program were Rod Millen transplanted an LS430 V8 into an IS300 and adapted a 6 speed tranny. They also heavily modified the suspension and had to rewire the electrical system to foul the ECU into thinking it was an auto.

Major modification and am not sure if they now make a kit for this.

:cheers: