Lucky9090

My First Gx470

hello everyone, i just got my first Lexus Gx470 2004 it has 14000 miles on it, i payed 19k, is it a good deal? i allready bought it i just like to hear what other gx470 owners think, car is like brand new owner kept it in garage, with dvd in back and 3rd row seat 11 speakers, just have few questions, remote controle is missing from car for dvd and without remote u cant watch anything i want it for my son, where to get remot or will it work if i get from ebay? and also cars tire pressure sensor is on, all for tires are 32psi, any ideas what to do next ? i bought this car because i was getting rav4 or crv or forester and i thought this car is even its used its still looks drives better then thouse 2012.

Welcome. A 14k mileage for a 2004 car seems extremely suspicious. The previous owner(s) must have almost never rode the truck. You may want to check the history of your vehicle:

(i) The easiest way is to register on the Lexus website here (hyperlink), enter your truck's VIN and within the menu you'll see an option to check the history of the truck.

(ii) The other choice is to use the services like carfax or carcheck.

(iii) Yet another choice is to ask your dealer to provide the history of the truck.

As to your particular questions:

(1) The missing remote can be bought from a Lexus dealer. If you need a part number for the remote (so that you know what exactly to buy), you can consult this site (hyperlink)

(2) As to the tire pressure sensors, if your indicator is permanently on, this means that at least 1 of the sensors in your 5 tires (including the spare tire) ran out of charge and you need to replace it (normally, you'd want to replace all the 5 sensors in such case). If the indicator blinks, this means a failure of the tire pressure monitoring system which you need to diagnose.

Well i checked Vin and registert on that webste and found that he did some maintanance at lexus of manhatten. last report 2007. it has clean car fax. car look and drives like new, interior is like brand new, and exterior is like new, had light shine like a swarovski:D yes tire pressure light is alwayes on, have not checked spare tire yet, all other 4 tire has 32 psi as its sais d/side door.its a 5thday i own it and soo far i am happy, engine is nice, its uses a lot of gas but cant complain. it also has entertainment packige and 11 speackers. is there anywhere i can take car for tire pressure sensors? like mavis? toyota?or it has to be Lexus, its just bothers me that its on and never goes out.

Hi Lucky,

You must be extremely *lucky* to get such a nice car which poses no "real" issues!

Just inflate your spare to 32psi (when the wheel pressure in all 5 wheels is around 32psi, the indicator should go off) and enjoy!

You seem to repeat a gas complaint, what are you're getting on?

Thank you. Yes i am lucky to get car like this. Its like a brand new car. My gas is like 16-18 mpg. Not bad for town driving. But V8 makes me smile every time i start engine:)))) drives amazing, how is the reliability on this car ? Amy tranny or engine issues?

Does anyone knows when you need to change transmission oil? my gx470 has 14000 miles,idk what to do it is 2004. so dont know wht to do ?

Hi Lucky,

Given you've registered on the Lexus website, you should be able to download the manual from there, it has a chart on what needs to be replaced/checked at which mileage.

As to tire pressure sensors, the OEM ones are quite expensive. At my time I went to Amazon, registered my car in the garage there, browsed what was available and found some aftermarket sensors. I remember they were of the Orange Electronics (Taiwan?), were maybe 10 times cheaper than the stock ones and lasted for 2 years.

Thank you for your help, i have to check spare tire on my lexus and see if tire pressure is corect there. but what a amazing car, every time i start it just makes me happy, i have owned audi, gmw, vw, toyota, honda, nissan, but this is somethig different.

just like to know peoples exparience with this car, what to expect, what issues it has and is there weak spot for this vehicle, i like to here from people who owned it little while,

If you've studied the GX470 thread here, it talks for itself. There's a famous "clunk" issue but otherwise I think GX470 was my best experience

Well i do exparience some type of push it feels like downshifting before i stop or when i stop, sometimes i feel it some times i dont, i dont hear any type of clunk or thunk, it just feels like before or after stopping, (like downshifting )something is pushing from behind, first i thought it was abs locking, then i thought it could be tranny, but is this same clunk that everyone talks about? and is it dangerouse driving like this on 400 mile trip?

Dealer said it will change under 600$ parts and labor, but just wanna know if this problem i am having is dangerouse and if this problem is the one you r saying? like i said dont hear any noise, just feel like downshift when i come to complite stop, is this same as u meansioned ?