2006 Gs300 With 100K Miles For $12K?

I am new to lexus but have own some toyotas. I would like to say I know a good amount of cars and how to work on them. My question is should I buy this 2006 Lexus GS300 AWD with 112,000 Miles for $12,000?

Some say there are transmission problems, Some say just keep inup with fluid changes makes it last longer with the transmison...

Besides some "usual" fluid changes for engine, transmission, coolant, break fluid, differential ?

Make sure you check the vin and see if the special service campaign for the oil consumption/piston ring issue has been taken care of by the dealer. That model year seems to have been plagued with the issue of burning oil and if the service has not been performed by now you might be out of luck if you decide to purchase since I think Lexus is only honoring it for 9 years after the build date.

Make sure you check the vin and see if the special service campaign for the oil consumption/piston ring issue has been taken care of by the dealer. That model year seems to have been plagued with the issue of burning oil and if the service has not been performed by now you might be out of luck if you decide to purchase since I think Lexus is only honoring it for 9 years after the build date.

Is this a recall issue? only thing i see on the toyota/lexus website for recall is:

"Safety Recall ELF - Remedy Notice - Various Models - Potential Fuel Pressure Sensor Leak"

which should be a gasket leak, right?

I've read the guy post that has over 200k miles and he is taking care of his GS like a baby.

I've also read of people having transmission issues, is this common?

When I have a chance to test drive it, I want to know how the transmission feels because when I do purchase it I want to do a full flush on oils and a fluids. Im kind of a DIYer and know my way around a car. Any advice on the feel of the transmission?

The 200k guy has a 350 which I purchased recently for my wife. I was originally looking at the 300 but was bothered by threads like this one. Granted not all of the had the issue but I read enough stories to stop me from taking the chance. here's one thread but if you google I'm sure others will come up. Just make sure before you buy.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/760395-2006-gs-300-eating-oil.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-third-generation/731478-my-engine-rebuild-for-free.html

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up, I purchased an 07 GS350 for my wife, and had an oil consuming issue as well. I was devastated at first, but did some intel. Stopped at a local Lexus Service Center and gave a tech $20 for a few minutes to talk. He told me there were def oil consumption issues with the GS300's. My issue turned out to be the PCV valve. I was using 2qts. per 1000 miles. Since I changed the PCV valve and added Lucas Oil Treatment, (knock on wood) it's gone almost 3000 miles and no oil loss. AND for price comparison for you:

I bought my 2 owner car with 104k for $13,500. They were asking $14,900.00 but they're definitely out there. I passed on a black one that had 94k, as I preferred the silver one (came with 2 keys and 2 sets of floor mats). But you could definitely get the 350 vs. 300 for the 13k range.

Good Luck!