Toyota's Equivalent Parts No. For Lexus

lexur

I heard most of Lexus parts have equivalent parts No. for Toyota because of parts sharing. And, of cause, the same parts with Toyota parts # is much lower than the ones with Lexus parts #.

I have checked with a local Toyota dealer's parts department. They said it is true, but will have no warranty if I put them on a Lexus, instead of Toyota cars. :lol: Because they don't have the parts # comparison between Toyota and Lexus, I need to find out the Toyota parts I want. Does anybody know where to find the list?

One of the examples is the hood lift strut. Lexus sells it for $122.- each and Toyota only want $55.-

if you do a search you can get a strut from autozone or something like that for about 20 bucks or so but some modification will be neccisary

Hi,

I want OE parts for my Lexus. I have many problems with aftermaket ones before. I want to stick with OE parts now. The hood strut is just an example. I am also looking for front brake pads, wiper blades, oil filters................ So, I am looking for the complete parts # list between Lexus and Toyota.

I know I can order them from some remote Toyota dealer, like Carson Toyota. I prefer to get them from local dealer where I can have them right the way.

Thanks.

then just go and buy it straight from lexus then you wont have to spend all this time researching and hassling over 50 bucks. then again if you find it all out and share the info that would be much appreciated

I heard most of Lexus parts have equivalent parts No. for Toyota because of parts sharing.

The ES shares alot of parts with the Camry, but the LS has alot of unique parts like the brake pads & rotors and the hood strut you mentioned. However, routine service items on the LS like filters and spark plugs are the same as those on the Tundra / Sequoia V8.

To find out more, buy a set of parts microfiche slides for your LS on ebay and then get a set for the Tundra or Sequioa. Your local library probably has a microfiche reader you can use.

Well, I guess I am not that handy, and probably a little bit lazy.      That drilling thing probably a litle bit too much for me.

I agree! I found someone on ebay that was selling OEM hood struts. I convinced them to sell me 2 of them for $90 shipped to my door. Not too bad for the real deals. B) I mainly wanted the real hood struts, so I guess that's why I ponied up the extra $$!

Also, lexur, newlexusparts.com is an excellent OEM parts source. I made an order from them and got it in about 3 days...1 day to pull everything together and 2 day shipping-as per their order status viewer. With their great prices, no tax, and free shipping, they're hard to beat!!! BTW, what car do you have? 96 or 01(your profile says 01 and a post says 96)?

:cheers:

I heard most of Lexus parts have equivalent parts No. for Toyota because of parts sharing. And, of cause, the same parts with Toyota parts # is much lower than the ones with Lexus parts #.

I have checked with a local Toyota dealer's parts department. They said it is true, but will have no warranty if I put them on a Lexus, instead of Toyota cars. :lol: Because they don't have the parts # comparison between Toyota and Lexus, I need to find out the Toyota parts I want. Does anybody know where to find the list?

One of the examples is the hood lift strut. Lexus sells it for $122.- each and Toyota only want $55.-

Try irontoad.com. Good prices and quick delivery.

i went to toyota dealership and they told me that lexus changed all the part numbers and disconnected them from lexus database but they still told me that they can make basic repairs and maintanence and will try to match old p/n with toyota p/n

Hi blake918,

$90 for 2 with shipping is a great deal. I checked newlexusparts.com and found they charge me sales tax (I am in CA) and said will let me kow the shipping

charge "after" order been shipped. Because afraid of huge shipping charge (I had this experience when order my SONY camcorder from mail order. They give you a good price for item you want, but charge huge amount for handling and shipping charge.), I went to Carson Toyota in S. CA. They only charge me $5 for the hood struts. I don't know why you get the "no tax" & "no shipping chareg" deal. Anyway, since you recommend it, I will give it a try next time.

I have 2 Lexus LS, 96 and 01.

Hi mikeandd,

I bought parts from irontoad.com before. Yes, they have great price and service. The only problem is they don't carry many items. Hood strut, oil filter......... are not on the list.

FYI I am very happy today. I finally get the radio LCD display replaced today after more a year of don't know which station or song I am listening.

The problem was couple LCD segment of radio display dead. It is a very common problem for LS. I checked with local dealer when it first happened 1.5 years ago. They said it will cost $1200.- to replace the whole unit. Mikado Tech replaced the LCD screen in 20 min for $150.- today. While waiting, I saw Lexus cars with local dealer's service tag on rear mirror in the parking lot. Sammy told me the local Lexus dealers use his company to fix the LCD problem for their customers.

1435 Huntington Ave., Suite C

S. SF, CA

888-615-9966

650-615-9966

Sammy Wu

Lexur, I was thinking the same thing about the tax and shipping charges with newlexusparts.com that showed up on their website. So, I called them before I ordered, and they said that there is no tax and shipping and to disregard the website indicators. I was skeptical, but I went through with the online order. It all worked out perfectly-no tax(for residents outside of TX) and no shipping! $5 for a hood strut?? Tell me more! Irontoad has many, many parts; you have to email them for anything that's not on their site....I like newlexusparts better because they have every single componet of the car listed!

I'm going to be calling Sammy real soon because my burnt LCD is driving me insane. Aww two LS's...I'm jealous! ;) :D

:cheers:

Blake918,

Thanks for theclarification about newlexusparts.com. I will give them a try next time when I want to purchase parts.

For your radio display, you need to take it out and ship to Mikado Tech since you are not in CA. They probably can ship it back to you the same day. The URL below show you how to take the unit out. It is very straight forward. You can do it.

http://www.cureline.net/lex/audio/howto_radio_removal.htm