You And Your Car's Color

pj8708

All of us have a favorite color when it comes to shoping for a new ride. Over several years white has come in as the top choice. During the last ten years or so silver/grey has been a hot one.

But when it comes to making that color choice, does your choice say something about your personality?

Check this article out. It claims a persons choice of color for their car says a lot about what kind of a person they are.

Don't take this too seriously. However, many manufacturers spend big bucks selecting just the right colors that will be attractive to their customers' .

Do you have a favorite color for your Lexus? My bet is that the majority of our members will say that silver/grey is their color of choice.

So what is your color of choice? Is this article to be believed?

Paul

http://www.ivillage.com/what-does-your-car-color-say-about-you/7-b-458744?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_176160

I have more than one favorite (car) color, but I have a few personal guidelines:

. The faster the car, the more conservative my color choice tends to be.

. I absolutely refuse to own a plain silver car. Waaaaayyy too common around here.

(I do like dark metallic silver gray/gunmetal kinds of colors)

. No black cars, no brown cars for me.

The article is a bit vague and amusing too.

I'm with you on the silver. It seems like over the last ten years or so, all you saw in new car color choices was silver. In fact I wondered if it didn't out sell white as the favorite color for a couple of model years.

The article was a little like telling your fortune by the color of your eye's, but fun. You'd hate my car, the ES350, Lex because it's black as night. Actually, it is the only black car I've ever had. I had it at the detail shop this week for a deep hand wash. After the wash they apply a product called "Show Room Shine" The paint looks fantastic. But as you know, the color is so hard to keep clean. Luckily I'am two blocks from a touchless car wash and between the hand washes,I rinse it off at the car wash.

Paul

I think different cars look better in different colors. They shouldn't paint a Trans-Am anything but black. Large trucks, white. I have always loved a silver car ( not gray ). I once had 4 in a row. So beautiful when clean and shiny. I think my ISC looks best in black or white. I can't own a black car. I'm too anal.

Fun article, but I have to disagree. I bought my color because it was pretty. :-)

Paul - IMHO, black cars look great (as I'm sure your ES shiny does!), just challenging to maintain.

I know some automakers (including Ford, BMW, Porsche) recently are pushing variations of brown, trying to make it flavor of the month or something, I'm just not digging it. And speaking of Porsche, the older SC and Carreras through '88 in brown tend to be lower priced and more difficult to sell.

Becki - Good point about certain cars looking good in certain colors (or not). Normally I like white cars (like Mazda CX-5 in white mica metallic), I've owned too many to count. But white is poor color choice for early Porsche Boxsters, they end up looking like an old used bar of soap.

Steve

post-130421-0-38666400-1400275440_thumb.

My wife likes a red car (called Mars red, it's fire engine red to me). Here is her daily driver Mars red Mercedes C300 next to my SGM IS350. And cops do notice this car too, her next car will probably be less bright in color.

post-130421-0-28282500-1400279155_thumb.

I call it "race me red"

It is funny. That Z28 I had for 17 years that I'm always talking about was bright teal metallic. I can't tell you how many people told me that that was the most beautiful Camaro they had ever seen. Other than that and the 2 red cars I owned, most of my cars were black, white or silver.

My car now is called Ultra White. It is an F-Sport only color. I love it. Lots of pearl in it.

Lex, you have 2 very nice cars. :-)

I am silver, but my favorite is blue or Yellow (wife hates yellow) Maybe camel colors would fit my redneck, right wing, Christian flavor.

I've never run across anyone else who has seen the unique color that Lexus offered in 2010 for the ES350. The color was called Peridot which is a semi-precious gem. It was a shade of dark metalic green that looked like a cross between pea soup and baby !Removed!. lol

It was one of the most unusual car colors I had ever seen. During that model year I only saw one ES350 driving around the city. I was at the dealer one day when they had one of these cars on display. I was standing there, staring at the car trying to figure out wether I was repulsed or amused. A young man walked by and I asked him what he thought about the color. He looked at me like I had a third eye. It was obvious what he thought.

0ne of my favorite Lexus colors has been Black Saphire on my 2010.