Wet Front Carpets

Wendy1519

I have a 2008 RX400h interior, including the carpets was cleaned 3 weeks ago.

The front floor carpets are still not dry and there seems to be a never ending pool of water both on the driver and passenger side. I've taken it back several times to the detailer who sucks it out, only to have it reappear when pressure is put on the carpet. Mold appears to be growing and they smell. All other carpeting in the car is fine.

Has anyone had this experience and how did you resolve it?

Thanks - Wendy

Im not familiar with your car but I had similar issues with another car earlier this year. Turned out to be the A/C condensation drain was unplugged/blocked and dripping into the front floor. Keep your fingers crossed and hope it's not the heater core leaking... Good luck. Im sure there are other RX owners that can share their thought..

Hi Wendy and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

It's a good chance that Rey is on the right track with what is causing your problem. I did a search of our data base and found this posting/threads on the topic of a RX400h with a blocked A/C condensation drain. It should give you enough information to explain whats wrong to your dealer.

Paul

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/38236-help-ac-condenser-drain-hose-is-clogged-getting-water-in-floorbo/

Thanks for your responses! I took it into the dealer today and there was an insect nest (unidentified insect) blocking the A/C drain as you both suspected. It is still there waiting for detailing to see if they can extract all the water without having to take out the carpeting.

Wendy