So Does Anybody Know If This Movie Is Going To Be Released?

lenore

I dont think it is extreme, I believe he has brought to the table a major crutch that is going to destroy us financially and it has to be fixed. Now there are prominent issues to side up on besides the class envy and distribute the wealth amongst everyone. Regulations are strangling this nation. They need to be curtailed and thought of more logically with what it will benefit our economy....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's news flash: When Romney was asked how much taxes he has paid, his reply was, quote: "Every year I've paid at least 13 percent." He certainly got a lot of attention about that statement- I'll bet way more than he expected.

Isn't that "special"? And then Romney's wife said that if they provided prior tax returns that the information would only be used against them. Does she understand what she implied? -- that if people knew the facts, Romney would lose? Geez .... reality is stranger than fantasy.

I dont think it is extreme

Of course you don't. To the centrists in this country, its extreme. I'm not talking about the economic stuff, I'm talking about the social stuff.

hey the social stuff is being kicked down the road when it comes to how to continue paying for it. Somehow I believe that is a very important issue. Heck ever since Johnson's great society in 1964 we have tried socially to engineer help to folks and all we have created is a huge group of people that only want entitlement, but dont want to work for it. (welfare) That is why some have proposed welfare reform, and now Obama wants to eliminate some of the requirements ie training, etc to be on welfare...How in heaven are people supposed to get off welfare if they arent trained or assisted to become working class people...???????

Lenore, Don't forget that Lyndon Johnson was one of only two presidents since World War II to send a balanced budget to Congress. And don't forget Richard Nixon's role in expanding entitlements with more than a little participation from Ross Parot who set a record on White House visits during the Nixon adminstration.

When one member of Romney's campaign team uses the term "Edge-a-Sketch" to describe how Romney takes positions on issues and another aid says that the media would have a "field day" with the information if Romney released more tax returns, I'd say he has one huge credibility problem. He just can seem to be up front about anything..

hey tax returns are just another excuse for class envy attacks...obama doesnt want to discuss real issues but wants diversions from real problems that this nation faces. come on all of these folks are wealthy.....they all have wealth either earned or inheranted through family. the problem i see is the dems dont want americans focusing on the real problems that they have no solutions to solve because they are stuck in their ideology. lets get to solutions instead of these personal attacks. i want to hear ideas and solutions.

What are the republicans solutions? Last time I checked...they didn't have any.

hey the social stuff is being kicked down the road when it comes to how to continue paying for it.

Republicans don't want to ban !Removed! marriage and outlaw abortions because they're worried about paying for it. Its their little black book telling them what to do.

2012 Republicans=individual freedom...to live one's life the way they think it should be lived.

now that is rediculous.....the national crisis at hand is jobs and spending, and over regulation. those other issues are social and will always be on the table....lets solve the problems that effect our economy, and the well being of this nation. paying for obortions is not a responsibility of government and the lifestyle of !Removed! is concerning the destruction of a sacred word such as marriage should be not a problem. they have all rights offered to married couples. so whats the beef.civil liberties are protected with the recognition of all rights granted to the union of man and women. they just want to tear down the values of all religions....where are my rights to hold marriage as a sacred union of man and woman?

hey tax returns are just another excuse for class envy attacks ... i want to hear ideas and solutions.

We're doing rather well economically and this is certainly not about class envy with us. My licensed C.P.A. wife and I want to have it explained how Romney got over $100,000,000 in a tax deferred retirement account on a maximum legal contribution of $450,000. Period. No excuses, ifs, ands, or buts.

This isn't about diverting attention from the issues. This is about whether or not a person running for the presidency has the basic integrity to be forthcoming about his financial situation and to prove that he has played by the same legally required rules we have.

As you are probably noticing, this issue is continuing to heat up and it's not just because it is driven by the media and the Democatic campaign.

I'm about ready to make my one of my usual $100 bets that Romney will withdraw from the race rather than deal with the embarassment and shame that would come with disclosing his tax returns and financial history. Anybody what make a bet? By the way ... I've made a lot of these $100 bets over the years and haven't lost one yet.

well it would be a shame considering the half billion obama squandered on energy companies for kick backs for his campaign. heck a goog many politicians have their money hidden outside this country i can almost bet. why cant we see obama's college transcrips? what gives there? yyou may be doing cvery well economy wise b ut that doesnt represent the state of the nation. as for class envy whom is obama trying to influence with the rich need to share, it isnt you, its the folks that have nothing or living on very little so as to buy votes. you are only looking at this with your cpa knowledge but not what the average joe is experiencing. funny how rich ideologs like spendind other peoples money.

So Jim lets get the bet straight...

100 that Romney will drop out of the race? He has already said he isn't releasing anymore tax returns? So what is the bet? By the way...when I win the 100 from you I will not disclose that on my tax returns. (don't tell the IRS) :) :lol:

now that is rediculous.....the national crisis at hand is jobs and spending, and over regulation. those other issues are social and will always be on the table....lets solve the problems that effect our economy, and the well being of this nation.

Yes, but we can't just throw other social issues away to the wind in the name of solving our economic problems. There are SIGNIFICANT, and DISTINCT differences between these candidates (well, at least new Romney since he's flip flopped on all social issues since he was Governor, pretty much). They would like to divert the constituency from these things, but they are there. A woman's right to choose, !Removed! rights, civil liberties for the poor and minorities are at risk in this election, the selection of Paul Ryan as a running mate all but proves that.

paying for obortions is not a responsibility of government

Nobody says it is. All we're saying is women should have the right to decide if an abortion is right for them...the government shouldn't decide for them. They should be able to choose, and pay for an abortion themselves if they decide thats the best thing for them to do.

and the lifestyle of !Removed! is concerning the destruction of a sacred word such as marriage should be not a problem.

Just like illegal search and seizure of hispanics isn't a problem for you, because you aren't hispanic. An upper middle class, straight white man doesn't have a lot to be afraid of quite frankly.

The word is sacred to your religion. Your religion is total bull*BLEEP* and is meaningless to me, so call it whatever you want, your religion should have no bearing on what our government calls it.

they have all rights offered to married couples. so whats the beef.civil liberties are protected with the recognition of all rights granted to the union of man and women.

Thats not quite true, and do you remember something called "separate but equal"? They're not happy because what they have is "almost the same". Not good enough.

they just want to tear down the values of all religions....where are my rights to hold marriage as a sacred union of man and woman?

No, they just don't care about your religion. Your religion is your business, it should have nothing to do with how laws are legislated in this country. Your religion is just that, YOUR religion.

If members of your religion didn't persecute them the way they do, and protest military funerals, constantly tell them they're going to hell...maybe they wouldn't want to tear down your religion's values.

You have no right to have federal or state laws legislated according to the tenets of your religion. You have a right to not accept a !Removed! couple as married, and say "I don't consider you married because my little black book says its wrong", but the government cannot do the same.

why cant we see obama's college transcrips?

I think we should be able to.

you are only looking at this with your cpa knowledge but not what the average joe is experiencing.

See, this is a great example of how the GOP has tried to villify people who are educated and experienced. Yes...his wife is a CPA. She knows more about this than you...and perhaps listening to her and not what Cletus at the Diner says would be a good idea.

Find an economist that supports the Ryan budget, or the Romney tax plan. Not easy, the GOP try to spin that as "well its these liberal universities, blah blah blah, cutting spending will create jobs", trying to marginalize the viewpoints of all the educated people in this country, or somehow cast some sort of suspicion on people who are educated. Its sad really.

Thats how you get moron candidates like Sarah Palin. She shouldn't be allowed to run a Mini Mart...let alone the government. I might have voted for John McCain until she came along...and I might have voted for Romney before Paul Ryan came along. Can't now. My wife hates Obama, and its like she says...she's just not going to vote this year for the first time ever because she can't vote for Paul Ryan.

So Jim lets get the bet straight...

100 that Romney will drop out of the race? He has already said he isn't releasing anymore tax returns? So what is the bet? By the way...when I win the 100 from you I will not disclose that on my tax returns. (don't tell the IRS) :) :lol:

Romney is in a lose-lose situation. If he continues on without releasing his tax returns and other financial information about his foreign holdings and investments prior to 2010, he loses. If he does release the information, he loses. I think my bet would have to be that Romney loses - period. He's backed himself into a corner he can't get out of.

And why do you think he wouldn't change his position on an issue? He's flip-flopped like a dying fish on just about everything he supposedly stands for.

"The word is sacred to your religion. Your religion is total bull*BLEEP* and is meaningless to me, so call it whatever you want, your religion should have no bearing on what our government calls it."

That was uncalled for. I believe you owe me an appology....i respect the rights of non-believers and dont bash them, I would expect the same of my views. Just shows the intolerance of many including the !Removed! whom want to tear down traditional family values...Do as you please, but dont tear down my values... Excuse me, but this country was founded on Religous freedom...

"The word is sacred to your religion. Your religion is total bull*BLEEP* and is meaningless to me, so call it whatever you want, your religion should have no bearing on what our government calls it."

That was uncalled for. I believe you owe me an appology....i respect the rights of non-believers and dont bash them, I would expect the same of my views. Just shows the intolerance of many including the !Removed! whom want to tear down traditional family values...Do as you please, but dont tear down my values... Excuse me, but this country was founded on Religous freedom...

No...I don't owe you an apology. I have a right to my opinion about religion same as you. Your religion is meaningless to me, sorry. I think its BS, and I think it does far more harm in the world than it does good. I think those that follow it use it to build themselves up and those who agree with them, and tear down those who believe differently. Thats my opinion, and I have a right to it. It has meaning to you and thats great, just keep it to yourself and don't try to shove it down my throat. You're right, this country was founded on religious freedom. I and others have the right to live free from YOUR religion as much as you have a right to practice it.

You bang us over the head with your opinions on a consistent basis. You have to learn to take it too.

You don't get it because it doesn't involve you. How do you define "traditional family values" without bringing your religion into the discussion? The government does not decide or define what are "legal family values". Values, by their very nature are not something you can enforce. Nobody is trying to tear down you and your family's values, you can live your lives according to whatever values you want to, they just want to live their lives without being FORCED to abide by YOUR values. If all of a sudden muslims or jews got ahold of the level of power in this country christians hold and started promoting their "agenda" the way christians do, influencing legislation, basically having total control over one political party...you'd feel a whole lot different.

You actually don't respect the rights of "non-believers". The fact that you call them "non-believers" is proof enough. They're not "non-believers", they just believe differently than you. If you truly respected the rights of people who are different from you, you wouldn't care if they wanted to get married. You wouldn't feel that their marriage diminished the value of your marriage simply because its different. If members of your faith stopped trying to shove their values onto everyone around them, you'd find people who believe differently would treat you with a little more respect.

How wrong you are, I respect your rights to believe or not believe. As for traditional values as far as I know most of the Animal kingdom is there to procreate. That I why I support marriage, which has been historical in Man's history as between a MAN & WOMAN. If you really respected my rights you wouldn't call my religion beliefs Bull %$$#$%...I dont believe profanity written is part of this forum.

As for traditional values as far as I know most of the Animal kingdom is there to procreate. That I why I support marriage, which has been historical in Man's history as between a MAN & WOMAN.

The purpose of marriage is not only to procreate. Animals don't marry, they don't feel love, they don't have self awareness. Animals are not people. Plenty of married people never procreate...plenty of married people cannot procreate even if they wanted to. Are their marriages less valid?

In any event, like I said you and your church can believe in whatever type of marriage you want to believe in. If you don't want to marry a man...don't. If you don't want to recognize a married same s*x couple...don't. If you don't want to let !Removed! people in your club...don't. The point is this government belongs to EVERYBODY, not just you and people who share your beliefs. Your beliefs frankly don't matter when it comes to legislating the law.

Everybody needs to stop casting judgement on other people. You decry class warfare, what about religious warfare? What about gender warfare? What about sexual orientation warfare? How can you not understand the hypocrisy of making a statement like "everyone should stop worrying about what other people make" and making a statement that you worry about who other people marry?!?! Your hypocrisy is maddening.

If you really respected my rights you wouldn't call my religion beliefs Bull %$$#$%...I dont believe profanity written is part of this forum.

Last time I checked a string of percentage signs, ampersands, dollar signs and hashtags aren't profanity.

I have a right to think and express whatever I want to express about whatever I want. Thats how freedom of speech works. You can say you think my political ideology is bull*BLEEP*, that my view on business and economics is bull*BLEEP*, but I can't say I think your religious ideology is bull*BLEEP*? Since I am not religious, I take more offense at the attack upon my political ideology and my views on business and economics far more personally than I take any attack on my religion. So, I suppose I'll apologize to you when you apologize to me.

I may disagree, (attack?) but I would say most people on this site would agree that was profanity...directed against my religous beliefs. You and I disagree on many levels of this discussion, which is fine, but making personal attacks with the referenced bull*BLEEP* is not hard to interpret. I agree to disagree, that is why we have these discussion, but disagreeing with your position on Political ideology, views of business and econcomics is not an attack on you, but a disagreement of views. We both have our own views, but I can respect yours as that is your direction, but I do not expect obvious slander of my views...

I'm sorry if you were offended, but I think religion is bull*BLEEP*. Sorry, thats how I feel. If it just existed for the benefit of its followers I would feel differently, but it doesn't. When you try and tell me how I should live my life because of your religion, then its a different story altogether. The gloves come off, and I quite frankly think the religious right deserves what they get because they brought it on themselves.

We both have our own views, but I can respect yours as that is your direction, but I do not expect obvious slander of my views...

I'll try to be a little more backhanded with my slander of your views in the future, as you are.

Well, just viewed the movie that started this topic....2016 Obama's America is very much worth while seeing. If anything it shows the radical, association that Obama has made withRoberto Unger , Said, Frank Marshall Davis,It has been known for over four years that Davis, a member of the Communist Party, was the mysterious “Frank” from Obama’s book, Dreams from My Father, and that he influenced the young Obama before he went off to college., Wright, and others, shows a side that we dont completely understand. The current events of the nations of Lybia, Egypt, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, show why Obama's support and lack of support give his real agenda. Too much to put in one paragraph, but highly suggest the viewing of this film. There are some very disturbing video clips that I am sure Obama is not happy that they have been disclosed. If anything the producer has done a very good job of putting the puzzle pieces together to make a wide view of what could very well be happening to this nation. So either be brave, with a open mind and view the film or pass it off as a radical, right wing film. No different than Michael Moores films that are construed to be left wing interpretations. Whom is right only history will tell.

And why do you think he wouldn't change his position on an issue? He's flip-flopped like a dying fish on just about everything he supposedly stands for.

He may? That is the whole thing. I don't want a President like Obama...who is I am right and you are wrong and this is what I am going to do one way or another. But if you think Obama hasn't flip-flopped? Who are you kidding...

• Voted against increasing the debt limit; then supported raising it.

• Campaigned against the Bush tax cuts; then extended all of them.

• Promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term; then proposed trillion dollar deficits.

• Vowed the unemployment rate would be below 8% if his stimulus was passed; but then it broke 10%.

• Promised shovel ready jobs; then admitted they weren’t shovel ready.

• Said if you like your health plan you can keep it; but then threw seniors off Medicare Plus and employers are now saying they’ll dump people onto the public exchange.

• Promised to have health care negotiations on live TV, but then reversed himself.

• Indicated Bush violated the Constitution; then carried out warrantless wiretaps, indefinite detentions, secret renditions, quadrupled drone attacks, and kept Guantanamo Bay open. Voted against the Patriot Act, but then supported its extension.

• Said lobbyists wouldn’t work in the White House; then gave them waivers to work there.

• Vowed to take public financing for his 2008 campaign; then refused public financing when he realized he would receive more money without it.

I'm sorry if you were offended, but I think religion is bull*BLEEP*. Sorry, thats how I feel. If it just existed for the benefit of its followers I would feel differently, but it doesn't. When you try and tell me how I should live my life because of your religion, then its a different story altogether. The gloves come off, and I quite frankly think the religious right deserves what they get because they brought it on themselves.

SW...I see this both ways though. I don't try to shove my religion on anyone. I don't attend church regularly anymore but I consider myself a Christian and I do raise my children to believe in god. That is my choice, as well as it is yours to believe there is no god. I think what has happened is that now the people who don't believe in god, or a god...think god should be stripped out of everything. No in god we trust on money...take the reference of god out of the pledge of allegiance, remove god from everything else that they can as well. These are extremist on the other side as I see it. It is simple no one is forcing religion on them...if you don't want to attend church don't. If you do not wish to say the pledge...don't...why should we have to change to accommodate people who do not believe in god? If schools were forcing kids to read the bible and pray and such that would be different but that isn't what is going on. The first time god is mentioned someone wants to get all bent out of shape.

But I do hear you on the ones on the other side who are protesting at funerals, and protesting at !Removed! marriages. But it works both ways too. Just like the Chick-fil-a deal. Man look at that whole deal... I personally don't care...do what you want marry who you want...but the pendulum swings both ways. Both sides should have respect for each other and treat each other that they want to be treated.

thank you ....the constant bashing of religous symbols in our society was an issue that i forgot to mention. i too do not like religion pushed on others . however to remove all displays of religion from public places shows how extreme some in our society have become. where are our rights to preserve our religous rights as well as history.? i dont tell you to be religous, dont tell me i have to abandon what had historical value in the making of this nation. if you dont like in god we trust, use a check or credit card....build a bridge and get over it...quit destroying everything that made this nation great. respect the rights of institutions that are also protected by law.

Religion, has no place in politics, period. This country was founded by those who were fleeing religious persecution from Europe. To elect a leader and a symbol of a society based on religious beliefs, isn't a society, it's a cult. Religion, or lack there of, is a personal and private choice, based upon personal and private choices and opinions. Until Jesus walks across lake michigan and proves to society that he does indeed exist, then it's a belief and a question that this planet has not proof of, and won't.

That being said - again, this election is squarely rooted in the economics of today, and the next 48 months. I say we keep our focus on that, and decide for the platform being offered up between the two. The social issues, in my own personal opinion, and sadly so because I know how important they are, need to hop in the passenger seat for a few laps around the track.

That being said, and we all know my own take on this issue, I did spend the day being flown around the south today on a private jet owned by a client who has VERY high personal connections to the democratic party. When I say very high, I mean the highest, of both yesteryear and today. Let's just say this, one of the investors in this new deal i'm working on, invented the Internet. And I heard more stories about what life is like to travel "inside the bubble". Fascinating to say the least, and clearly not just one of the 1%, but more like the 0.0001%. Makes me a little uncomfortable, but I keep my focus on the job, and leave the politics out of it. If this connection keeps going, my second or third introduction to a political figure in DC, just might be either a former or current occupant of 1600 Penn... No joke. Gotta be better than my first, Marion "crack is whack" Berry!

Well as for the invention of the internet, I saw it first hand in 1978 at my Company in Santa Clara California. We had a link between the Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) Which was a Xerox Corporation THink tank. Even saw the first Apple Computer interface, again which we a Xerox Corporation threw away, because Corporate said it would never go as a marketable product. So I Hope Al Gore wasnt your company, he is a complete Jerk.....As for the politics of the day, yes, The economy and our Debt is the real issue, unless we address it, this truely will be the turning point of this nation in either solving our financial problems, or going off the edge at an excelerated rate. I hope America wakes up, so that your commerce as we know it now survives, otherwise I fear your children and grandchildren will see a society no better than in a third world country with no middle class.