Best Way To Tighten Up Handling For 95 Ls400?

mnesbit

95 ls 400

what is the best way to get rid of the corner roll and tighten up the handling. i travel a great highway each day with a lot of corners (sea to sky...van to whistler) and am getting tired of the roll.

i will be putting in new bushings for the steering rack and sway bar. all stock suspension parts have been replaced or have new bushings....except struts which are original.

what else would you guys suggest which wouldn't kill my wallet?

thanks, mike

You could get coilovers and dial in the stiffness and preload to your liking. Or you could get springs with a higher spring rate and stiffer shocks like koni's if they make em for your application. Bigger sway bars front and back would help but I don't think anyone makes one for the LS. Other than that you can try weight reduction but I'm not sure what if anything could be removed.

thanks control..

is the addco part # 2027? and does it come fully supplied?

ez street or street lp megan coil overs?

any thoughts on the stock front sway bar or is changing the bushings sufficient?

thanks, mike

I like my ls 400 but i am getting extremely bored with the way it handles/rolls so my summer project will be to install the addco rear sway barand the megan coil overs street lp.

has anybody experienced these mods?

thanks, Mike

• 2 weeks later...

yes thats the right part number for the sway bar. and its the street lp coilovers. front sway bar is thick enough, even just doing the coilovers your handling improves 10 times over. If your LS isnt equipped with air ride then you will already have a decent size rear sway bar, around 5/8" to 11/16" thick if i remember. with air ride they dropped the size to almost 1/2"

I'm not sure what condition yours are in but I looked at my sway bar bushings the other day and the front bushings are totally shot.

Found out that diazen makes polyurethane bushings for our cars and they are cheaper than OEM. I'll be getting a set shortly maybe it would be worth a look for you also

• 2 weeks later...

i have rebuilt my 95 ls400 over the last few months and the suspension is pretty tight now. i want to add a strut tower bar and need to confirm that a strut tower bar for a 93 to 98n twin turbo toyota supra will fit. please confirm this. thanks, mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Added the ADDCO 2027 sway bar (was back ordered but arrived in ten days) to the rear of 1990 LS400 and changed the two rear struts with KYB. The Lexus OEM struts lasted 75,000 miles and KYB has life time warrenty; and original rear sway bar is very flimpsy and light weight.

Let me tell you that car handles beautifully around corners. I still want a LS460 knowing how good my LS400 runs:-)