Best Tires For 2002 Es300 ?

blue

What speed rating does your owners manual or sticker on your door jamb recommend for your car ls? That will either eliminate or include more choices.

97V 's came with the car..

I've got H's on it now, the Yokohamas...

I want a smooth, quiet tire but I don't think they're available in the V's...I'm checking if anyone in KC area has the TFT's....

From this forum,, I've read you can go "down" a step (to the H's) but no more than this. The new LS430's come with H rated tires now!

The "V" rated Toyo Proxes T P T's (note, not T F T as there is no such tire) are more quiet, smooth & have a better ride & handling than the original Michelin MXV4's that came on the car from the factory so you need not worry about any sacrifice in ride quality.....they are considered a premium performance touring all season radial for around $100 or less per tire which is excellent value for a "top shelf" tire.

:cheers:

The "V" rated Toyo Proxes T P T's (note, not T F T as there is no such tire) are more quiet, smooth & have a better ride & handling than the original Michelin MXV4's that came on the car from the factory so you need not worry about any sacrifice in ride quality.....they are considered a premium performance touring all season radial for around $100 or less per tire which is excellent value for a "top shelf" tire.

Sounds perfect!!!

The ContiPremier Contacts I found for $95 each...total $463 w/ m&b plus tax.

If I can find the Proxes...I'll get em!!

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, finding it as the result of a search on the Toyo Proxes TPT tires which I'm awaiting delivery of for my 1998 GS300. For anyone who might be curious about the Dunlop SP A2 tires, I strongly discourage them if you own a GS. When I bought them in 2002 to replace the OEM Bridgestone RE92 Potenzas, I ready many good reviews that encouraged me. Now, only 20,000 miles later, they are worn out from routine city driving to/from work mostly. 40% tread life?...That sucks. More current reviews of that tire are revealing they aren't too well suited to heavier cars, which I suppose the GS is considered. The salesman at NTB told me they were seeing pretty much the same thing with the Dunlops. Although the Toyos were a special order, the price for an H-rated version (I don't see a real need for V) was good at $102/tire and I'll get 60% credit for the Dunlops. With luck, the Toyos will prove to wear much better and still give me the good characteristics I initially saw with the Dunlops.

Daryl

Welcome Jazz! B) The Toyo Proxes TPT's have been fantastic on my ES. Excellent in the rain & snow/slush......fairly long tread life & quiet comfortable ride. Excellent value for the price! If you get them, let us know how you like em! If memory serves, lexusk8 also has a set of the TPT's and has good things to say about them as well. The Bridgestone Potenza RE 92's were the worst tire I've ever had on any of my cars......aweful even in light rain & extremely dangerous in the light snow too.......I'll never have a car (new or used) with either Bridgestone or Firestone tires. Good Luck! :D

Jazz, I have the Dunlop SP A2's on my ES. The salesman said he was seeing alot of premature tread wear on BMWs too.

I only have 3k miles on them so far, so only time will tell. They are good in the rain and snow. Very good on dry.

welcome aboard.

steviej