Mark Levinson Subwoofer - Excuse If A Repeat Question

SaulB26

Can anyone provide me with the location and instruction to access the Mark LEvinson subwoofer in my 2007 GX470? It would be appreciated. I believe it blew this evening during engine startup. My ipod was in the AUX port and the sound was left high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Saul

Hi Saul, welcome to the forum.

A couple of things re; your question. There are several post and threads in our data base refering to Mark Levinson and sub woofers. I'm unable to give you any search results due to a software problem with my computer and the new site program. But, I think the sub is located in the side of one of the rear panels.

If there is no sound at all coming from the sub, it dosen't necessarily mean it's "blown". A output channel in one of the amps could be out or another component like a peak overload circuit could be out.

A word about fixing your problem. Whether it is the speaker or another component, Lexus is not liscened by Mark Levinson to repair any of their equipment. That is why your Lexus dealer will diagnose the problem, but can't repair the bad component. They have to replace the whole unit only. With a ML system, that is expensive. But I would strongly urge you to replace your bad parts with OEM, ML parts to maintain the sound quality and balance of the original design.

Paul

Your Lexus dealer, through no fault of their own, do not have any ability to repair ML systems. They can only replace whole components. They can diagnose and tell you what is wrong ( most of the time).

• 1 month later...