Headlight

I just recently bought 400h , I brought it back to the dealer couple times when my car is under

50 K miles complain about the headlamp assembly has water condensation inside , the dealer always tell me that is normal,don't need to repair, and they never put it on record Now the light bulb is blow out, because the whole housing of the headlamp was damage due to the condensation of water, I bring it back to the dealer and they said my warranty is expired because my car just reach 50300 miles. It sound like they are trick me. I talk to the corporate office, the only thing they can do is waive the part cost, but I have to bite the labor which is $525 for 1 light, this is ridiculous. This is assembly fault, how come I have to pay for their mistake. If any one plan to purchase Lexus please think about this twice. Don't let Lexus fool you like they did to me.

LYNN,

Sorry to hear of your problem. I had the condensation in the headlamp issue on my '08 while under warranty and the dealer replaced the whole assembly without batting an eye. They have been like that on everything I've asked about, even replacing the ICE battery at 3.5 years for free.

Good that corporate will cover the cost of the unit, but NOT good the dealer won't "good will" the replacement cost. I agree, $525 is ridiculous to replace it, but so is $650 for the 30K service. Welcome to the world of LuxoCars. :wacko:

Bobs

Thanks for your share, but I am not give up on this because I don't want it happened again. What if some one is having a language barrier or lack of communication will Lexus take advantage of opportunity? This issue should be taking care good like they always said "Customer will be satisfied with the service"

That is why it is always a good idea to get everything documented in the dealer's service invoice. Sometimes if one dealer will not fix it, another dealer will. If you complain to Lexus USA while you were still in warranty, they might have ask the dealer to replace it for you.

LYNN,

Sorry to hear of your problem. I had the condensation in the headlamp issue on my '08 while under warranty and the dealer replaced the whole assembly without batting an eye. They have been like that on everything I've asked about, even replacing the ICE battery at 3.5 years for free.

Good that corporate will cover the cost of the unit, but NOT good the dealer won't "good will" the replacement cost. I agree, $525 is ridiculous to replace it, but so is $650 for the 30K service. Welcome to the world of LuxoCars. :wacko:

I think the key here is that Lynn's car is OUT of warranty. If your CD player shows the dreaded error message, I would say that most dealerships will not replace or fix it for free. Something like this or a badly-sealed heatsight assembly should not happen in only 5 years but unfortunately, it does.

Shame, Lynn tell us which crappy dealership you use, Customer service is all about positive experiences, one negative will come back to bite them....Give them a bite.