New Cadillac Xts

SW03ES

Holy CRAP that's a beautiful vehicle! Never thought they'd be able to top the newer CTS and SRX, but they certainly have here.

Good for Cadillac- at least one luxury sedan manufacturer is producing a good looking vehicle. You look at this vehicle, and you know you're looking at a Cadillac. I'm proud of Cadillac for sticking with their unique "look". <_<

I too like the looks of the new sedan. Over the last few years, i have been impressed with Cadilacs willingness to push the edge a little on some of their styling. Yes the sharp angle, chiseled look has about run it's course, and you can see in this model a softening of those lines and angles. But, the fact that they went out on a limb to make their cars look like no others took some guts. Did it pay off...I guess will see.

My Lexus dealer also sells Caddy. The ones I have driven have been extremely dissapointing compared to a Lexus. The Caddy's offer a soft ride, but so soft they tend to roll from side to side on turns. I'm not talking test track turns, but on/off ramps at reasonable speeds. Visability was difficult; the windshield seemed to short. The soft ride was so soft; you never felt like you were connected to the road surface.

I hope I get a chance to drive this new model. I imagine it will be greatly improved.

I've noticed Caddie rarely talks about or provides statistics on it's aerodynamics, like other premium car makers do (Mercedes, Lexus, Audi to name a few). I suspect the Escalade-derived styling takes its toll on aerodyynamics.