Flasher Unit Not Loud Enough

The flashers on my 2010 LS 460 are very quiet-most times I am not aware that I left them on. I also own a 2005 LS 430 and the flashers are much louder. Is there a fix for the 460?

Time to turn up the old hearing aid? :whistles:

Seriously ... I can't hear the flashers on my car and I learned to pay more attention.

Some people have talked about replacing the flasher unit on various Lexus models with ones they could hear but I don't remember anyone saying they actually did it.

Introducing more noise into an LS? travesty! :wacko:

The flashers on my 2010 LS 460 are very quiet-most times I am not aware that I left them on. I also own a 2005 LS 430 and the flashers are much louder. Is there a fix for the 460?

Most flashers on high-end cars now days are enclosed in a thin foam layer, to make it quiet.

If you can locate the flasher you might peel the foam off...might help.

Or you could add a piezo, sonalert in the wiring. Radio Shack carries them.

Whit

Time to turn up the old hearing aid? :whistles:

Seriously ... I can't hear the flashers on my car and I learned to pay more attention.

Some people have talked about replacing the flasher unit on various Lexus models with ones they could hear but I don't remember anyone saying they actually did it.

Introducing more noise into an LS? travesty! :wacko:

Those of us in our humble ES's, have trouble hearing the signal as well. But, unlike or brethern of the LS upper class, we can't afford the hearing aid to turn up!

(Joke Jim)LOL

Interestingly, the flashers on my '03 ES are almost silent...as they were on my Dad's 98 and 04 LS's. However...the flashers are much louder on my 2010 ES. Odd that you would feel your 2010 LS has quieter flashers than on your '05 LS...

• 1 month later...