Is There An Es300 1995 Repair Manual?

pdbw

I just purchased a 1995 es300 and it needs some basic sprucing. I'm having trouble locating a repair manual, though. I've only found repair manuals for camry/es300 for 1988-1992 and 1997-2001. Is the lexus covered in the camry's 92-96 manual, but they're just not telling me? advice appreciated.

There is no aftermarket manual (Haynes, Chilton) for the 92-96 ES per say. However it has been said on CL that the Camry manual for the same years is sufficient for simple tasks.

There have been ebay sitings of CD ROM based repair manuals for the year in question. I cannot speak to the quality or reputability of these items since I never worked with them. I can say that I have not heard great reports on them, though.

The general Chilton books (Imports 88-92, 93-97, etc) will touch on Lexus and these books can usually be found at you local library.

The best source if you plan to do alot of work is the actual shop manual ordered at your Lexus or Toyota parts counter. This will put you into three figures per manual. Some years have two volumes.

steviej

i have the manuals for my 94 es

it is three volumes cost about 300 canadian

it is worth its weight in gold and they are damn heavy

funny as i said before is

i have had really no use for them

it should also be avail still at the dealer and as you car is only different in a few cosmetic ways to my 94 should be the exact same since we share the same engine and options

hey pdbw, which one did you buy. i don't remember seeing a cd version. i may have missed it. the Lexus manuals are very specific on how to do things, but they are also quite costly.

feedback would be awesome for the ebay thing. :)

• 10 years later...