Wind Noise

I've heard this problem was caused by drying out of the weatherstripping that holds the windows up top. I think most people replace the stripping, but you could try to treat it and condition it first. This is one of the reasons they went to a full door in 02.

SW03ES is right. It is the rubber weatherstripping that is not sealing correctly anymore.

Buy a silicone spray and soak a cloth well, then run the cloth all over the rubber weatherstripping. This may help and is a cheap way out. If the rubber is too dried out, then no amount of silicone will revitalize the dried stuff.

Replacement is a thought. Lexus will be priced at top dollar.

Look to some body shops in your area. Find out where they buy from. Also try on line. A suggestion that comes right to mind is JC Whitney. www.jcwhitney.com

If they don't have it preformed and precut, you may be able to buy it by the yard.

good luck

steviej

i replaced them in my 94 the real issue isn't as much the weatherstrip but the window

it comes from opening and closing the door by the window it moves it out of alignment

you need to get it put back to spec

i replaced my strips for about 70 each i think from the dealer real easy to do no aftermarket company makes this type and generic ones aren't the same as they have a speacial design

i actually use endurance tire dressing on mine

it leaves a thin film on the edge

but it also shows where it isn't contacting well and seal great plus it is made to condition rubber

i payed lexus to adjust my window once

they did it and it got worse so next time i will do it myself

the sunroof has this whistle as well but it uses shime to readjust rather than a regualr bolt and nut

hope this helps

hey sk, actually the weather stripping is sometimes the cause of the window being out of place. if the window stripping folds over itself (sort of like mine), the window won't lock into it's specified position, so the opening and closing of the door folds the weather stripping even more, and after 10yrs/100k miles, that sorta cummulates up and causes major wind noise at anything about 50mph. really annoying, but you get used to it after a while. :)

well mine are pretty folded. and they look wierd. i'm not sure how much it would help. i could try heating it up a bit with a hair dryer and trying to fold it back to its original position, but the wind noise isn't that bad.

i'm used to it anyways, i go around with the sunroof open all the time, so the noise all mixes in. :)