Auto Programable Locks?

I just have bought a 1999 ES300. I did not recieve an owners manual with the car and am trying to figure out all the little tricks to the car. I beleieve the car should have auto programmable door locks that lock when i start the car & let my foot off the brake (or when I shift out of park). Anyone have any ideas if this exists and how I can enable it? Thanks!

Oweners manuals are only about $20 form the dealer, more if you get the leather pouch and suppl. owners manual.

You can get them online too from www.Lexus.com

Or you could try ebay. I was just there and there are several for various year ES's. Some even come with the leather pouch and the supplemental owners manual. Do a search on "LEXUS ES".

I have a 02 and could photocopy any pages you want, but I don't know if any changes have been made.

My feeling, get an owner's manual for the car. Should you resell, it will increase your value a tiny bit more.

Steviej

i think the options you are talking abouit are dealer programming

basically have to go to them and they hook up a tool that gives options to be changed

you have the seperate key fob no the one with the buttons on the key?

My manual is on order, just curious about if anyone knew how to activate or deactivate this feautre. My dad's avalon can be programmed through a series of keyfob imputs. Yes my key is serperate from the remote. Does anyone know is the key head is also a trasmitter for a starter/anti-theft feature? I heard it has a chip that allows the car to start and w/o it won't start.

I'm not sure what year it started but all three buttons (unlock, lock/panic, trunk) were moved to the keyhead and the fob was eliminated. It's nice but makes for a fat head.

In the key for my 02 there is a transmitter chip in the head and a reciever in the dash. The two have to communicate in order for the car to start. The valet key has a chip and is also programmable. The flat key holder now has a chip in it, too. Now the flat key will start the car if the holder is passed in front of the dashboard near the AC/radio displays.

I think the conversion was around 2000.

For the fun of it, try the instructions for your Dad's Avalon with your key fob. I can't see why Toy/Lex would have multiple programming instructions if the security systems are similar or even same.

steviej