Local Toyota Dealer Now Offering Lifetime Warranty!

cduluk

Hey guys,

Tonight on the radio i heard a commercial for one of my local Toyota dealers, offering a lifetime warranty of you buy a new (possibly pre-owned too) Toyota from them.

It didn't give specifics on what the warranty "actually covers" for the lifetime, but it's certainly gotta be better than nothing. And i don't remember which dealer it was, but i'm pretty sure it's not a nationwide thing. I guess each individual dealer can do whatever they want.

Just thought it was interesting! :rolleyes:

what a great time to buy a new toyota... <_<

A local Toyota dealership has been offering a "lifetime warranty" for nearly two years here in my neck of the woods. Of course, the owner also switched to "no-haggle pricing" (meaning you pay the price listed on the window sticker, period) at the same time....

So you can bet your rear end that you're paying full price for that "lifetime warranty" regardless of what's going on with Toyota in the news these days....

A local Toyota dealership has been offering a "lifetime warranty" for nearly two years here in my neck of the woods. Of course, the owner also switched to "no-haggle pricing" (meaning you pay the price listed on the window sticker, period) at the same time....

So you can bet your rear end that you're paying full price for that "lifetime warranty" regardless of what's going on with Toyota in the news these days....

That is correct, its all pre paid, nothing is free in life. There is also a Chevolet dealer near where I live that has been offer a life time powertrain warranty for any car on their lot, the warrantty is not transferable. I would imagine a warranty like that would cost maybe in the $2000 region.

Did Toyota release its big incentive announcement yet to gain back its customers, it was suppose to be announce in March. Will it be free extended warranty or maybe across the line price cut.

Rumor has it that Toyota's big incentive announcement to bring customers back is 0% financing and low lease rate. A little disappointing if you ask me :(

I'm sure there will be a warranty component of some sort as well. It has to be more than the usual slow season incentives. Buyers now have the excuse (at least all those who panic, run and hide everytime they hear bad news) to switch to American products (patriotism doesn't hurt either) or other brands. Those other brands are not asleep at the switch and will definitely have sales programs enticing buyers to change. Toyota is most aware of their situation and has to come up with counter measures to keep their share of the market - damage control, financial incentives, safety reassurances, warranty programs, etc.

About the lifetime warranties. There's a Chev dealer up here who for a few years now, has offered them on their used cars as long as you do the warranty maintenance service at their shop. Fine print would be interesting to read. Prob the same exclusions as the aftermarket programs carry.

This would be an excellent time for Hyundai or others to raid Toyota's pool of engineers and designers with incentives to take some company secrets along with them as they did last time. I'm sure many of them will be looking for work once Toyota starts to clean house of who they think are the weakest links in their ongoing probs. The smart ones will get out early.

I know exactly the dealership you're taking about RX. Took our 4runner there once, and only once. Didn't care for my free bobble-head. If I recall, it was a "limited" lifetime warranty, wasn't it? The word "limited" should tip off anyone of some bs in the fine print. :lol:

Also, beware of "bargain" airfares, cruises, vacations to Chile, Haiti, Iraq or Afghanistan. Oh, and "vacation property" in the Florida Everglades. Notice how vacation spots like Vegas, Hawaii and Caribbean are hurting? Good Deals Now.

Hummers on sale. Used Oldsmobiles real bargain now. Hehehe

Dealers are getting desperate now. A local dealer offers one year free car payment if it snows more than 6 inches here on St Patrick’s day :)

Wow, given this year's winter, and your location in Boston, that's a ballsy move!

Wow, given this year's winter, and your location in Boston, that's a ballsy move!

Here in Boston, we had a pretty mild winter with below average snow fall. It’s the cities south of us that got hit hard such as New York, Philadelphia and DC, It’s about time we get a break :)

By the way, the car dealers usually insured these promotions, it doesn’t cost the car dealer anything if it snows more than 6" on St Patrick's day.

Dealers are getting desperate now. A local dealer offers one year free car payment if it snows more than 6 inches here on St Patrick's day :)

Free car payments, free gas for a year, free upgrades, free barbeques for a year, free babies ... it's just beginning ... could be a buyers Bonanza! How about a free trip to the international space station for a week! :P Then I'll buy for sure!