2010 Es 350 Eco Light

jgilbert

Does anyone know how to turn off the green Eco light on the dashboard of a 2010 ES 350? The instruction manual gives no advice on this topic.

I hated that green econo light too. :D

I forgot exactly how I did it months ago but it's done on the steering wheel display button somehow when you get to the econo display in the window.

Hopefully someone will reply.

>>>

I hated that green econo light too. biggrin.gif

I forgot exactly how I did it months ago but it's done on the steering wheel display button somehow when you get to the econo display in the window.

<<<

I believe the ECO Light can only be turned off by the dealer--Page 514 of 2010 ES 350 Owner's Manual.

>>>

I hated that green econo light too. biggrin.gif

<<<

I believe the ECO Light can only be turned off by the dealer--Page 514 of 2010 ES 350 Owner's Manual.

Not correct.I did it.

It's done somehow with the display button on the wheel.

If I remember correctly,you must hold in the display button when you get to the eco display on the screen but it definitely can be shut off without dealer imput somehow.

Well, I'd like to know how you do it. Again, you're saying you could set the ECO light permanently off no matter whether you are driving economically or not.

Well, I'd like to know how you do it. Again, you're saying you could set the ECO light permanently off no matter whether you are driving economically or not.

Yes.

By using the steering wheel display button,you can see a Eco off display on dash when it's turned off.

Directions are in the manual somewhere.Try holding the display button down when you get to the eco window display.

It's done somehow with that button.I don't remember how and don't want to screw with it. :)

• 1 month later...

You use the DISP button on the steering wheel to toggle to the ECO light setting. Hold in the DISP button for several seconds and the indicator will change to either off or disabled, I forget. You can also turn it back on the same way.

You use the DISP button on the steering wheel to toggle to the ECO light setting. Hold in the DISP button for several seconds and the indicator will change to either off or disabled, I forget. You can also turn it back on the same way.

You keep punching the DISP switch on the right side of the steering wheel. Each time you punch it the display screen where the steering wheel goes into the dashboard toggles through a different display. There are about eight of them. When you get to a screen that says "ECO INDICATOR ON", hold the DISP button in for one second or longer and the screen will turn to ECO INDICATOR OFF. You can then keep pushing the DISP button until you get the screen you want. You toggle the ECO indicator back on the same way.

You keep punching the DISP switch on the right side of the steering wheel. Each time you punch it the display screen where the steering wheel goes into the dashboard toggles through a different display. There are about eight of them. When you get to a screen that says "ECO INDICATOR ON", hold the DISP button in for one second or longer and the screen will turn to ECO INDICATOR OFF. You can then keep pushing the DISP button until you get the screen you want. You toggle the ECO indicator back on the same way.

I forgot to add that this can only be done while the vehicle is stopped. Apparently Nanny Lexus thinks that we may crash and burn while attempting to perform this extremely difficult maneuver. Lexus believes that we Lexus drivers can't chew gum and !Removed! at the same time.