History !

dcfish

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel " pick up

your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the

promised land".

Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, " Lay down your shovels, sit on your

asses, and light up a camel, this is the promised land".

Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of

camels, and mortgaged the promised land.

I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy,

the wars, lost jobs, Savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc . . . I

called Lifeline, the suicide help line. Got a freakin' call center in

Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal.

They all got excited and asked if I could drive a truck...

What has this country come to ? :o :( :angry:

You should have asked them "sure, what's your address?!"

Welcome to the world of information overload, amigo! A world where every single little thing is at the tip of your fingers, with a click click here, a click click there, here a click, there a click, everywhere a click click! If there is one lesson the year 2000 should have taught us, is that too much information in the uneducated/unexperienced hands always leads to a meltdown.....aka....the introduction of the day-traders!

I watched Dirty Dancing yesterday on TV, and found myself wishing for a simplier day when a phone was a phone, not a multi-media communication device. I kid you not, half the toys my son got for Christmas come with USB 2.0 connector ports to download information into! These are stuffed animals for cryin' out loud, for a 19 month old boy!!! The further we go down the road of "reinvention", the further I want to go the other way! The way when you paid cash for the item at hand, the way where you watched ABC, NBC, CBS, or played monopoly instead. A day when you left the office, the office left you too. A day when the news was about impactful stories, instead of the daily body count and how many childred died in a horrible fashion.

I'll tell you one thing that really makes me angry, is the amount of graphically violent TV shows are on the air now. What happened to that FCC guy who tried to sue Howard Stern a few years ago, and vowed to clean up the airwaves? Now, it's nothing but bones and guts. I use to like Greys Anatomy (yeah, i said it), but I turned it off a few weeks ago forever due to the fact that they were writing in children into their over-the-top drama.

My suggestion DC, just turn it off and go make a snowman with the neighbor kids. I've been slowly "disconnecting" for the past few weeks, and starting to feel much better. You know as well as I do, that all of this mumbo-jumbo will all get reversed again in 4 to 8 years anyway. I find it funny how everyone gets all up in arms about what Obama is trying to do, when we all know the cycle will just continue when the next idiot takes the big seat and says "we're not doing that anymore, we're doing this instead".

History?

Nice title to the thread. Too bad the real problem is that people don't understand or pay attention to history. If they did, they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes over and over, decade after decade, and on and on ...

Reminds me of the "Texan Prayer": "Dear Lord, please let me have another oil boom. I promise not to p1ss it all away this time!"