Radio And Cd

stroker

I had a new battery installed in my LS400 and since then I cannot access my radio. On the screen it reads SEC and I tried to enter a code to fix the problem( using my manual ) and nothing happens. It still reads SEC. I really dont want to go to a dealer.. Any input is appreciated... Thanks, Bobby

Assuming you didn't set the security code -- almost nobody does -- your choices are contacting the previous owner to see if he remembers the code or going to a Lexus dealer to get it unlocked.

In the seven years I've used Lexus forums, I've seen your question asked a number of times but no one has ever responded with information on how to unlock a security protected radio without knowing the code or going to a dealer.

You might as well contact a Lexus dealer and see what the cost is -- it shouldn't be much.

I guess I am one of the few people who do remember my security code put into the radio when I bought my Lex.. My problem is that it already says SEC on the display (only after I had the battery installed) and I cant enter any thing into the system to confirm my code. I tried disconnecting the battery again to see if it would reset itself so I could start over again but to no avail.... Thanks for your reply, Bobby

Assuming you didn't set the security code -- almost nobody does -- your choices are contacting the previous owner to see if he remembers the code or going to a Lexus dealer to get it unlocked.

In the seven years I've used Lexus forums, I've seen your question asked a number of times but no one has ever responded with information on how to unlock a security protected radio without knowing the code or going to a dealer.

You might as well contact a Lexus dealer and see what the cost is -- it shouldn't be much.

Maybe I shouldnt have used the word screen as I do not have Nav. I meant display. I cant enter the code according to the owners manual because it is displaying SEC and it wont let you do anything. How do you reset it to be able to enter something? Thanks for your reply, Bobby

Assuming you do know the code, and you have the Nav option, how do you enter it? What screen do you have to be in to enter?

Still trying to remedy radio problem. Finally the SEC on the display when away and has been replaced by total darkness. Nothing at all, not even the backlight. Its as if I just turned the radio off. Any thoughts on this?? Thanks, Bobby

I don't think you will be able to avoid the dealer on this one...

so when it comes time to change my battery would a battery saver keep this problem fom happening. You plug it into the lighter and the oh wait 90 ls400 dosen't have the code reader plug under the dash. How would i keep that from happening to me?

I don't think you will be able to avoid the dealer on this one...

so when it comes time to change my battery would a battery saver keep this problem fom happening. You plug it into the lighter and the oh wait 90 ls400 dosen't have the code reader plug under the dash. How would i keep that from happening to me?

I once asked a mechanic why he didn't use one of those battery powered thingys to preserve the radio presets and he just laughed and said that nobody uses them. He just writes down all the station presets and reenters them when he reconnects the car battery.

Just don't set a security code. Why would anyone want to steal an OEM radio out of a 90 LS400?

I think the radio system security code was discontinued for the U.S. spec LS beginning with the 1995 model year but I've noticed that the specs for later model years for European spec cars still mention a security code.