They Say Imitation Is The

Matthew_McNally

Hmmm

just been browsing CL - as I do every now and then - I am a Lexus owner myself.

They seen to have a new look and color scheme, which I think I have seen somewhere before - just can't put my finger on it.

And a new tag line - apparently they are now The Lexus Owners Club!

strange!

:D B)

Well... I am very suprised at them.

colours and interacivity thats fine.. great site and loads of good members.

But Add Lexus Owners Club to their name is a bad thing in my opinion. Bascially a form of copying. But Our domain name (which i am about to update for 10 years) says it all.... read the top address bar!

To be fair, here is Ethan's (Static911) response to someone who brought up the fact that there already is a Lexus Owner's Club:

Yes, that is UK site. I wish them the best. We primarily focus on the Lexus owners located in North America. I don't see the problem. Our servers and operation are based in US, not in UK. There is a Lexus club in nearly every region of the world. Saudi Arabia's Lexus Owner Club is located in a dealership (I presume the only Lexus dealership in Saudi Arabia). Lexus of Canada, whom has contacted me about doing joint projects, has their own club, called "Club Lexus". The list goes on.

Ethan

hang on.. the USLOC server is are based in florida! The UK one is based in the UK.. but will soon be in Germany :blink: better start learnin my German!

USLOC also trades in the US

are you sure you guys are from north america? :blink::lol::lol:

only you, Lexrex... only you... lol

well i guess Ethan's gonna have to figure out the hard way that his response was wrong, since we have it straight from the source (Steve) that the servers are in Florida. thus the US site is in florida. :D

I have server in UK and Server in Fort Lauderdale which is where the data resides. The DNS resolves in the UK... bandwith is so cheap in the US.. not fair :o :D