Comment Of A Bmw Owner

denslexusgx470

To say its not a "true luxury car" because its AWD is just...not accurate.
Of course it's not accurate. I never said it's not a true luxury car. I said it's not a proper luxury car, and I'm willing to stand by that.

I did say that I don't think it's a serious competitor, but that is for other reasons (brand recognition is one of those things...).

We're all entitled to our own opinions, you know.

There are a number of well-respected automotive writers (particularly Dan Neil in LA) who firmly believe that the Phaeton is now the best used-car value in automotive history due to its Bentley heritage and the total bang-for-the-buck as a result. But since so few were built and sold between 2004 and 2006, I wonder about ongoing parts availability and service quality at VW dealerships. I would bet that the vast majority of VW techs have never seen a Phaeton, much less actually serviced one....

All I can say is that while driving to work today in the rain in my 09 LS I kept saying, I sure miss my all wheel drive Phaeton

Rain? Rain? Try driving a GS430 with Corvette tires in the snow! That'll make you wish for a Humvee!

We've got about an inch of snow on the ground here today (expecting about a foot out where I live, :censored: ), I decided I'd try the GS on my way to work, see if that "snow" button was worth a damn. 130 yards from my driveway, my first intersection.....the SOB should have had skis instead of tires on it. Right through the intersection I went, at 5 mph. No ice, just snow. Turned around, back to the house, for the 4runner I went. The GS is "parked".

:censored: 'n Chitcago!! :chairshot: :chairshot:

Enjoy the winter up here? Last I heard, you were heading to Arizona!!! :lol::lol::lol:

No arguments on the winter tires, they're probabably in my future, unless the GS becomes an AWD instead.

And certainly no arguments on me in W Michigan! I'd probably get arrested for public intoxication with assault charges on Frosty the Snowman, that fat *BLEEP*!!