Gs 300 Engine Detailing?

Hi im a new owner to a 1999 gs 300. I want to clean the engine. I previously washed a 1993 engine with a terrible outcome. could anyone help me? thanks...

The best way to clean your engine is to do oil change every 500-1000 miles. just buy cheap oil and keep changing including filter and use MOTOR FLUSH, you get that from Auto Zone for like 6 bucks. Do it about 5-7 times or so. Your engine should be sparkling shiny after that.

worked for me...coz i bought a 2003 nissan 350z from inurance auction and engine was full of sludge. Now the 350z runs like a Biiii@@tch!!!... clean too..

Hi im a new owner to a 1999 gs 300. I want to clean the engine. I previously washed a 1993 engine with a terrible outcome. could anyone help me? thanks...

The best way to clean your engine is to do oil change every 500-1000 miles. just buy cheap oil and keep changing including filter and use MOTOR FLUSH, you get that from Auto Zone for like 6 bucks. Do it about 5-7 times or so. Your engine should be sparkling shiny after that.

worked for me...coz i bought a 2003 nissan 350z from inurance auction and engine was full of sludge. Now the 350z runs like a Biiii@@tch!!!... clean too..

ooppps never mind...... i thought you meant inside the engine....ummm just go to a professional car wash....20 bucks wash the whole engine and shine it too...

Boy, there ought to be a section on just cleaning engines!

This is my 3rd reply on this site.

I use "Orange TKO." It is completely organic and comes from distilled orange peels.

It WILL cut engine grease when applied full strength.

Google search for a dealer in Florida. (He used to be in Napa, CA but moved to FL some years ago.)

1) Face the car towards the sun and open the hood.

2) Spray on full strength. I use great caution spraying around the alternator.

3) Use a 'de-grease' brush for the thick spots. (I use and unbent coffee urn brush that I also use on the rims.)

4) Let sit for a few minutes.

5) Rinse using a garden hose on 'less-than-full-blast' setting.

6) Dry what you want with an old towel (if you want) and let air/sun dry.

Enjoy the beauty!