New Lexus Es 350 2010 Picture

ana a7bk

Wow - I must be missing something. The inside looks almost the same to me.

I don't mind the taillights, but the front fascia is bad in my opinion.... and I am not into the wheels. I like the 07-09 better....... maybe I will like the all new 2012. :)

Just checked out the HS in the showroom also…. not a fan of that either. Hmmmm….

Wow - I must be missing something. The inside looks almost the same to me.

I don't mind the taillights, but the front fascia is bad in my opinion.... and I am not into the wheels. I like the 07-09 better....... maybe I will like the all new 2012. :)

I do like the front end of the 07-09 better.

The interior is very similar, the difference is the additional chrome trim and wood trim around the vents, below the nav screen, the trim on the desh above the glove box, the new trim around the rear vents, and the switch back to higher end triple stitching from the cheaper single stitching they used in the 07-09. For those of us that honestly didn't buy the 07-09 car because of the interior its a big deal.

I wouldn't have upgraded mine to an 07-09, but I would upgrade to this...

To me, when I buy a luxury car I buy it for me...and I see the inside a lot more than the outside. I just would never have been happy with the 07-09...I may prefer the front of the 07-09, but I don't dislike the front of the '10.

The primary reason I bought my ES back in the day was the interior. The exterior has grown on me over the years...

Although I respect your opinion, we clearly have different tastes in general. I thought/think the inside and outside of the 02-06 was horrendous, at best. I agree on the triple-stitch for sure; the extra trim over the glove box etc., just looks overdone to me. I don’t think an extra line of stitching or some extra trim ensures the interior is of better quality than the 07-09.

I had a 1993 LS400 and I think, in general, Lexus autos are not what they once were.

If I didn't care about the exterior I would probably buy a TL with AWD. If the exterior was of utmost importance, I would buy a BMW; I think Lexus is a good mix of both.

Opinions are what opinions are. All I'll say is I had an 07 ES350 as a loaner when they first came out and took my manager and my business partner out to look at some houses in it. My manager said after sitting in the passenger seat for a while, totally un-primed "This Lexus isn't nearly as nice as yours...the dash is really cheap looking". When I walked back into our office that afternoon and mentioned to my partner that I'd just picked my car up, he said and I quote "Good, that other car sucked". So...its not just me.

Its not just the trim, overall in the feel of the plastics and the trim around the windows and doors, the thickness of the carpeting, the quality and feel of the base leather (the semi-analine leather in the UL is really nice) is definitely a step down from my car. The GS is the same way IMHO, although its better than the ES. I'm interested to see if these issues have been addressed or just the trim.

I love the exterior of the 350 and I love the power and the ride...but the interior has just always kept me from upgrading...

I think I know what you are saying and I can agree that the leather/dash materials etc. etc., were better quality in the pre-07 ES's. If I were legally blind I would probably like the 02-06 better than the 07-09 (until I needed to pass someone of course). If I get in a car and it is great quality but looks like a Buick LeSabre.... I would still not be into it. Hopefully when I sit in a new 2010 it will feel like your car and look more like my car – then we will both be happy. 

Come on...legally blind? Thats rude. Theres a difference between voicing your opinion and being rude.

I don't think it looks like a Buick...outside maybe...but the Buicks it looks like came out after the ES. The inside looks nothing like any Buick.

I was at Lexus of Rockville today hoping they might have a 2010...no luck. They did have an '07 UL with the starfire and the black interior which was sharp and rare. I like the 07-09 interior in the grey like yours better than the black I think...not having much wood makes it way too stark in the black.

Speaking of Buicks I sat in a new Lacrosse today, the new "ES350 fighter". Okay...but I was underwhelmed...lots of fake Buick "wood" all over the place.

Hopefully you know me well enough to know that my legally blind comment was in a joking fashion - never my intent to be rude.

Speaking of co-workers/friends though, every time some non-car-aficionado has been in my car they say "Oh, I thought the ES was the one that looks like a Buick." One of my good friend’s mothers has a 2006 and it is very nice, but when I get in it I always think "I know people make fun of me because my ES is an old person’s car, but this is ridicules." Definitely a leg up on quality though.

I think I like the black interior on the starfire. My only concern would be how the leather would wear in the long-run and how hot it might be in the sun; maybe it would be fine.

I think the reviews giving the LaCrosse an advantage in quality over the 350 were being very generous. I am happy to hear that GM is making a car that can even be mentioned in the same sentence as Lexus without people laughing hysterically. I think they have something with the AWD though. I would definitely like my 350 to have AWD; especially here in Indiana.

Again, my intent was not to be rude as I value your opinion(s), even if your delivery is rather terse on occasion; my comment was more intended to be flippant. Like being legally blond.... you know... legally blind. Ah well. :)

Tone and delivery on the Internet is not very easy to get across. Smilies help...

What color interior does your friend's mother's ES have? They added that orange stain wood to everything but the black interior in '05...maybe thats your issue. Mine has a deep red cherry wood with the black interior.

Mine has the black interior and wear isn't an issue, in fact I think black wears better than the other interior colors I've had. The dark car with the black interior does get hot...but no hotter than the Prius which is the tideland green with the tan interior. The starfire/black would be fine.

Indeed - her's is a mossy green on the outside and tan on the inside. The wood is a bad color. I just don’t feel the interior on the 02-06 – no need to go through all the details. The fact is I probably would have bought an ES sooner if they would have put the power tilt/telescoping on the older models. That is a deal breaker on a Lexus for me. Kind of like your triple-stitch!

I LOVE the deep cherry wood.... and black interior is always my favorite. Maybe your black doesn’t have a wear issue - but remember, I have the ES with the cheap leather and single stitching! :)

Yeah its incredible that it doesn't just fall apart! ;)

The 07 UL I sat in yesterday with the black had 40k miles and seemed to have held up pretty well. I know what you mean about the auto tilt wheel, I REALLY miss that on my car. I like the color of the wood with the ivory in those pictures of the 2010 350...better than the orange. I can excuse the orange for the ivory interior, it does kind of go together. What I have never understood though is why they put the orange wood on the grey interior for the 05-06?!? that just doesn't work at all!

Thats probably my favorite too...although the 04-06 LS430 has really grown on me and the LS460 has really grown on me too. My dad had a 98 LS that I loved...thats what originally got me into Lexus.

The new interior looks nice; can't wait to see it in person at the LA auto show in dec. I think the change of woodgrain, as minor as it is makes a big difference. The burl looks much richer than what they had before.

I keep seeing some very nice mint condition '90-92 LS 400's running around LA. I'm amazed at how modern they look being the design is almost 20 years old! I might have to adopt one if it follows me home one day. :whistles:

These pictures tell a more detailed story: http://lexusenthusiast.com/2009/09/18/2010...al-information/

So, I feel like the stitching doesn’t look any different than my car? Can I just not see this clearly? Also, what the eff with the black carpet with the gray interior?

I hate to sound like one of those people that say "I like my car better bla bla" no matter what, but the only thing I like better about this car is the glove box operation. The wood trim is too much, the steering wheel doesn’t 'flow,' the wheels are HS looking, the front is hennas, the back is fine but not really better or worse in my opinion. This to me, again, looks overcooked, like they were just sitting around saying “well, I guess we need to change things, let’s add trim and chrome."

Sorry... I really like Lexus, and the ES and I am totes disappointed. Fingers crossed for 2012 because I give this refresh three snaps in a Z formation.

**After reading many comments on the updates on different sites, it seems the predominate portion of people agree with me. I predict this refresh is not going to be a hit like the 05-06 refresh was for the previous cycle.

I love it! Huge improvement over the previous car IMHO. The interior is so much classier and expensive looking with that trim. No LED tails which is a bummer, but I like the exterior too, even the wheels although the UL has better looking wheels. You are correct, no triple stitched leather, and no wood over the rear vents. I wonder if that car in China was a UL? Maybe the UL has that trim and the wood over the vents? I would buy this...can't wait to see one in person.

The steering wheel is the same steering wheel...only the buttons are different. Thats actually not a grey interior I don't think, I think its the almost white color like on the ES. I love it! I like light interiors but hate light carpeting.

People ALWAYS say that on websites...the car will do fine don't worry.

Here's some more info, the UL has the triple stitching as well as some different color options.

New nav screen is LED, XM NavTraffic & Weather, all the features listed below and almost a price drop...great value...

And my favorite color, Truffle Mica!

Lexus Division announces product enhancements and price repositioning for the 2010 ES 350. Pricing will be announced to the public on Friday, September 18, 2009.

2010 LEXUS ES 350 CHANGES

Lexus is pleased to announce the new and improved 2010 LEXUS ES 350. The ES 350 receives revised exterior styling, new luxury amenities, and a host of new standard features. A lot has changed on the 2010 ES, but nothing is more significant than its new strong price position that supports core model sales. 2010 will add many standard class-up features with only a slight increase to base MSRP. As a result, a typically equipped 2010 ES is ~$860 lower than 2009. With such great value pricing, the new ES will remain competitive in a challenging luxury market.

Modern Styling

2010 exterior enhancements include revised headlamps, new grille, new front bumper with revised lower intake and integrated fog lamps. Side mirrors now feature integrated turn signals, and the tail lamps are redesigned. A new 17" alloy wheel design and new body side molding with chrome finish adds a touch of refined elegance to this refreshed sedan.

The ES will adopt four new exterior colors: Truffle Mica (replaces Amber Pearl), Peridot Mica (replaces Aquamarine Pearl), Satin Cashmere Metallic (replaces Golden Almond Metallic), and Cerulean Blue Mica (added). Moon Shell Mica will be discontinued for 2010.

Class-Up Interior Appointments

The new ES 350 will now include standard leather-trimmed seating in a choice of three colors: Parchment (replaces Cashmere), Light Gray, and Black. Also standard is the Lexus Memory System (with Key Fob activation) which controls and stores settings for the driver’s seat, outside mirrors, and steering wheel (previously in 2009 Premium Package). Rain-sensing wipers (previously in 2009 Premium Plus Package) are now standard.

Additional accents of wood and chrome trim are placed throughout the cabin giving it a more luxurious feel. A redesigned center console lid and compartment offers easy access and more storage space. The ES receives two new wood trim choices: Brown Walnut (replaces Medium Brown Walnut) with Parchment interior and new Espresso Bird’s-eye Maple with Light Gray or Black interior.

Upgraded Technology

2010 ES 350 standard Lexus premium audio system is updated to include XM Satellite Radio (with complimentary 90-day subscription), Bluetooth, and a USB port.

The available navigation system will feature a screen powered by LED lights for a slightly higher resolution along with a revised layout and menu structure. The navigation system features Voice Command casual language voice recognition, Bluetooth phonebook download and Lexus Enform (with complimentary one-year trial subscription). Lexus Enform with eDestination and Destination Assist provides en-route guidance through the vehicle’s navigation system, including a 24/7 response center and online route planning via LexusDrivers.com. XM NavWeather, Sports and Stocks (with complimentary 90-day trial subscription) are also new to the navigation system.

Safety

Safety Connect, new for 2010, is our on-board safety and security service. Embedded cellular technology and GPS help connect drivers to the 24/7 response center in case of a collision, breakdown, or other emergency on the road. And, newly standard rear side airbags bring the total number of airbags to a class-leading 10, same as the all-new HS 250h.

Value Pricing

In summary, the new ES has a lot to offer with over $3,000 in additional standard spec!!! And, MSRP will increase by only $330 to $34,800 (an over $2,670 value improvement). Now, that’s a great value message that your sales consultants can convey to both returning and conquest customers. The tremendous base price advantage carries over to a typically equipped ES with average transaction price decreasing by $860 from the outgoing 2009.

LVP discount is discontinued for 2010 Ultra Luxury (UL) Package. However, an enhanced UL Package will feature double contrast stitching to the Perforated Semi-Aniline Leather Seats and a new Black/Saddle interior color combination option for 2010. To top it off, a new 10-Spoke 17" wheel design with a Liquid Graphite Finish (including Full Size Spare Tire) will add a distinctive touch. With the additional content for 2010, UL Package pricing offers a great value to your customers that demand the best luxury features.

With over $3,000 of additional std. equipment, base price increases by only 0.9%.

While typically equipped price is reduced 2.3%

Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ Telematics Available on 2010 ES

Lexus’ New On-Board Communication System – An Extensive Advanced Technology Offering The 2010 ES will offer both Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™, standard on NAV vehicles, and Safety Connect as a stand-alone, standard on non-NAV vehicles. Both services will be available by subscription. One-year complimentary trial subscriptions will be available with every new appropriately equipped 2010 ES vehicle purchase.

Well, I am glad you like it! I am SURE it will sell well, it is a great deal/package and these are all very minor changes. Just because people buy it, doesn’t mean they like the changes.

I have to be honest; I was really looking forward to seeing the triple-stitch on this interior!

I was referring to the color of the new buttons on the steering wheel... they aren’t the same color as the main wheel?

On that note, I was in a new LaCrosse CXL (MSRP $38K) today. O.M.G. busy busy interior, the biggest A pillar I have EVER seen and when I grabbed the fake wood (plastic) steering wheel and the no power steering column I was done. Totally disappointed! Whoever was touting that car and dogging Lexus needs to refund the money Buick must have paid them!