Back In The Saddle Again... (and A Question)

branshew

After a while of driving German, I'm back in the LOC again. I am set to take delivery tomorrow of an '02 ES300. It was a little older than I wanted in an ES, but the mileage is low so I guess that makes up for the years. I had been hunting for 3 months for a decent low mileage LS400 and couldn't find one so I opted for the ES instead. I took my last ES over 225K miles before I sold it and I am hoping for the same with this one.

Can anyone tell me what options packages were available for the '02? The car has Nav, ML stereo w/ CD changer, rain sensing wipers, heated seats, HIDs, rear sunshade... I was wondering if I am missing anything (other than the suspension option).

You've got the same car as mine, everything but AVS which was rare and almost only found on the west coast. They sold a rare base car without HIDs and the wood/leather wheel, a "premium plus" car which was the most common which had the wood wheel, HIDs, etc, and the "Nav/Lev" car which had the Nav and the ML stereo, and the sunshade.

"You've got the same car as mine...",

I wish it was the same color too. Not that I don't like silver, but it seems like it is the most popular color out there these days. The dark cherry would look much better in the parking lot at a pre-game tailgate in Blacksburg.

Good to see you back branshew B)

My 05 ES has everything except the nav option, but I do have the AVS suspension. Sounds like you have pretty much all other options though. Post some pics when you can.

:cheers:

After a while of driving German, I'm back in the LOC again. I am set to take delivery tomorrow of an '02 ES300. It was a little older than I wanted in an ES, but the mileage is low so I guess that makes up for the years. I had been hunting for 3 months for a decent low mileage LS400 and couldn't find one so I opted for the ES instead. I took my last ES over 225K miles before I sold it and I am hoping for the same with this one.

Can anyone tell me what options packages were available for the '02? The car has Nav, ML stereo w/ CD changer, rain sensing wipers, heated seats, HIDs, rear sunshade... I was wondering if I am missing anything (other than the suspension option).

Wow we have something in common. This is my first Lexus I joined the club 2 days ago and I have a ES300 '02. I have never had a ride so smooth. You mentioned most of the features except the air conditioner/freshner that keeps the air clean (that's what the manual has listed I don't know how to use it) alarm\panic button, climate control and seat warmers. :) Also does anyone here know where I can buy a naviagation kit for my lexus and get it installed? That is the one option I am missing.

Wow we have something in common. This is my first Lexus I joined the club 2 days ago and I have a ES300 '02. I have never had a ride so smooth. You mentioned most of the features except the air conditioner/freshner that keeps the air clean (that's what the manual has listed I don't know how to use it) alarm\panic button, climate control and seat warmers. :) Also does anyone here know where I can buy a naviagation kit for my lexus and get it installed? That is the one option I am missing.

I have factory nav systems if you are interested.