Took The Ls To The Tail Of The Dragon

amcdonal86

Well, I sold my Porsche to a friend right before I went to the Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap, TN). I ended up taking the Lexus.

It was a lot of fun! I was following my friend in the Porsche and another friend in a '99 BMW 323i and I was able to keep up with them no problem when putting the tranny in "2" and traction control off. However, my tires were howling like crazy (Yoko Avid Touring S), and the amount of body roll was insane! This car clearly is not designed for this kind of driving, although it could have been much worse.

Nevertheless, I had a great time, and after that, I enjoyed a nice cruise on the Cherahola Skyway.

The attached photo was purchased from MoonShine photo.

post-85367-1249332271_thumb.jpg

Great photo, Alan! Your photo reminds me why I consider the 95-97 LS the best LS exterior design of all. Your post also reminds me of driving down Skyline Drive in Virginia a few years ago in a rental Ford Five Hundred Limited that had some sort of 18 inch wheel/tire package -- great fun screaming through the corners while watching for the all too common deer on the road. Incredible number of "bikes" on Skyline - both motorcycles and bicycles.

I'll never forget one of my friends buying one of the first Porsche 944's to hit the U.S. It was such an incredible car compared to anything else within $20K of its price.

The LS may not be a car for windy roads like the "Dragon" but it sure is a wonderful boulevard crusier.

Alan, if you have the air shocks on your car, turn them on the next time you run the curves. I notice quite a difference when I air them up and hit the coast range mts. here in the Pacific NorthWest. Still not a sports car but it helps to smooth out the corners a little.