Sticky Coke Spill Inside The Car

Can anyone help me with this problem. It was a Sprite actually that exploded in my car, i got everything cleaned out but the buttons of course are sticky. What is the best way to unstick the buttons as much as possible. I am willing to pay for someone to unstick the buttons. Are there any place i can take my car where they can help me with this problem? Please help. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone help me with this problem. It was a Sprite actually that exploded in my car, i got everything cleaned out but the buttons of course are sticky. What is the best way to unstick the buttons as much as possible. I am willing to pay for someone to unstick the buttons. Are there any place i can take my car where they can help me with this problem? Please help. Thanks

which buttons exactly? :o

the buttons to open and close the moonroof. it is accessible in the day time but when the car cools off in the evening the buttons sticks real hard. hope you can help.

the buttons to open and close the moonroof. it is accessible in the day time but when the car cools off in the evening the buttons sticks real hard. hope you can help.

Take it to the dealer and let them remove the plate around it so the buttons can be cleaned. Also a good reputable detail shop could probably do the same work. I would just go to the dealer.

I've had this problem before myself. Use GooGone in the spray bottle and spray a little around the button and press the bottons repeatedly to get it to soak in. Eventualy it will unstick and be good as new. Just make sure NOT to use GoofOff, completely wrong stuff that comes in a metal container. GooGone is in a plastic container and completely harmless even on paint.

Take it to the dealer and let them remove the plate around it so the buttons can be cleaned. Also a good reputable detail shop could probably do the same work. I would just go to the dealer.

That my friend will cost you. The dealer will NOT do it under warranty. They WILL charge you.

There is NO manufacturer failure of a part. it is outside influence that has caused the part to fail or stick (in this case dried syrupy soda)

Not trying to be negative or spray on your parade but these are the facts.

That is why I DO NOT allow any drinking or eating in my car - strictly water and it needs to be in a water bottle or a cap/lid that can be sipped from!

I've had this problem before myself. Use GooGone in the spray bottle and spray a little around the button and press the bottons repeatedly to get it to soak in. Eventualy it will unstick and be good as new. Just make sure NOT to use GoofOff, completely wrong stuff that comes in a metal container. GooGone is in a plastic container and completely harmless even on paint.

Hi, this process actually helped my problem. thanks. The buttons are actually getting better each day.

Hi, this process actually helped my problem. thanks. The buttons are actually getting better each day.

Good to hear! You can use more as needed. It will get better as the days go on, you just have to work it in by using the buttons.