Does Is250 Come With Parking Sensors?

First things first, I'm from Canada (Toronto), so I'm looking at Canadian 2009 IS250 AWD.

Nothing on the website or in the brochure says anything about parking-sensors.

However, I found a 2nd hand 2009 IS250 AWD online that seems to have the parking sensors (IMAGES BELOW), and the car has moonroof, leather and navigation package.

Also, when I went to the dealer yesterday I believe I remember seeing parking sensors on an IS250 AWD with only moonroof and leather package, without the navigation.

Can anybody confirm this for me please? It would help to save a lot of money because if the car DOES come with parking sensors then I wouldn't need to get the navigation + camera.

IS250-1.jpg

Yes those ARE parking sensors front and rear. But if it has navigation it will still have the reverse camera. The sensors will be more accurate as to how close you are to an object for parking as where the camera is just for you to see if it is safe to reverse period.

Yes those ARE parking sensors front and rear. But if it has navigation it will still have the reverse camera. The sensors will be more accurate as to how close you are to an object for parking as where the camera is just for you to see if it is safe to reverse period.

Did you even read my post? Of course I know what the parking-sensor is and does; same goes for the camera.

I'm asking about whether the Canadian model comes with it, and if it does, in what package.

Well excuse the hell out of me. The way that post was written it came across to me that you wanted confirmation that those were the park assist sonar’s circled in red and that you needed to know also how they work. And I was trying to help you decide which is more important to you because they do different things. And because this is a public post. Someone else might run across it will have the answer to the question they might want to know. So to you, my apologizes. But you should not get so hostel when you are asking for help and someone tries.

It seems you are being lazy because options and accessories are easily found on the lexus.com website; you are just going to have to look a little harder because I promise it is there. It breaks down which options come with which packages. And some are stand alone options and do not come with any packages. You're just going to have to do your own research. And don't bother asking a sales rep. They are dumb as dirt. All they know how to do is sell cars. And are not very well at it.

But because I’m a nice person and don't hold grudges I have done the research and found the answer to your question.

The Intuitive Parking Assist for front and rear is a stand alone option for $500.00 and not available with any package. They do not make very many with it so if you want it without navi you will probably have trouble finding one. You might have to special order it. But that is just how it is here in the states. If you get options like that here in the states, the car is usually fully loaded. But the ultimate answer to your question is if you can get the park assist without navi and the answer is YES. But personally having the navi is awesome. I think you should get both!!

• Like 1

Well excuse the hell out of me. The way that post was written it came across to me that you wanted confirmation that those were the park assist sonar’s circled in red and that you needed to know also how they work. And I was trying to help you decide which is more important to you because they do different things. And because this is a public post. Someone else might run across it will have the answer to the question they might want to know. So to you, my apologizes. But you should not get so hostel when you are asking for help and someone tries.

It seems you are being lazy because options and accessories are easily found on the lexus.com website; you are just going to have to look a little harder because I promise it is there. It breaks down which options come with which packages. And some are stand alone options and do not come with any packages. You're just going to have to do your own research. And don't bother asking a sales rep. They are dumb as dirt. All they know how to do is sell cars. And are not very well at it.

But because I’m a nice person and don't hold grudges I have done the research and found the answer to your question.

The Intuitive Parking Assist for front and rear is a stand alone option for $500.00 and not available with any package. They do not make very many with it so if you want it without navi you will probably have trouble finding one. You might have to special order it. But that is just how it is here in the states. If you get options like that here in the states, the car is usually fully loaded. But the ultimate answer to your question is if you can get the park assist without navi and the answer is YES. But personally having the navi is awesome. I think you should get both!!

Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I just thought it was weird your answer had nothing to do with my question lol. Sorry about that.

But yeah, I really did look through literally like everything on Lexus.ca, and there's nothing about parking sensors.

I found out the car in the picture is a US model, not Canadian.

Maybe I need to check with the dealer, because I remember seeing a vehicle in the dealer with the park-assist, but I'm not 100% sure.

I pretty much just want to save money, so if I can get park assist w/o navi, then I'd rather go that route, and buy a separate GPS system.

Anyways, thanks a lot man.

First things first, I'm from Canada (Toronto), so I'm looking at Canadian 2009 IS250 AWD.

However, I found a 2nd hand 2009 IS250 AWD online that seems to have the parking sensors (IMAGES BELOW), and the car has moonroof, leather and navigation package.

Also, when I went to the dealer yesterday I believe I remember seeing parking sensors on an IS250 AWD with only moonroof and leather package, without the navigation.

Can anybody confirm this for me please? It would help to save a lot of money because if the car DOES come with parking sensors then I wouldn't need to get the navigation + camera.

For what it's worth

Yes those ARE parking sensors front and rear.

does answer the question about the car in the photos.

For what it's worth

If you know how to read properly you'd know I'm asking whether Canadian models come with the parking sensors as an option or in a package

It's pretty clear that I already know the car in the photo comes with them.

Maybe a previous owner of the IS250 in the photo installed or had the parking sensors installed. Plenty of people have installed parking sensors and I don't think it's possible to tell if they originally came on a car.

If you can't find your dream IS250 with parking sensors, maybe you could add the Lexus dealer installed parking sensor option that was available for the IS250 outside North America. It is called the "LEXUS PARKING AID 400" and the part number is PZ464-80421-00. The installation instruction PDF is too big to upload to this forum but it can be viewed in the "Accessory Installation Manual" section at http://www.lexus-tech.eu

Attached is a "snagged" portion of the install instructions cover page.

post-2157-1247667379_thumb.jpg

For what it's worth

If you know how to read properly you'd know I'm asking whether Canadian models come with the parking sensors as an option or in a package

It's pretty clear that I already know the car in the photo comes with them.

How is that clear? You asked about parking sensors and posted pics of a car with what you deemed a question circled in the pics. I read what you wrote and you asked about the car in the pic as part of your post. Now settle down and don't get too overly excited here, it's just a car message board and not a gamut for you to run through or take offense at every little whip stitch in everyone's replies. I strongly suggest you take whats useful to you from the posts and forget the rest.

Maybe a previous owner of the IS250 in the photo installed or had the parking sensors installed. Plenty of people have installed parking sensors and I don't think it's possible to tell if they originally came on a car.

If you can't find your dream IS250 with parking sensors, maybe you could add the Lexus dealer installed parking sensor option that was available for the IS250 outside North America. It is called the "LEXUS PARKING AID 400" and the part number is PZ464-80421-00. The installation instruction PDF is too big to upload to this forum but it can be viewed in the "Accessory Installation Manual" section at http://www.lexus-tech.eu

Attached is a "snagged" portion of the install instructions cover page.

It is not possible to add Lexus OEM Parking Assist, other than in the factory--not without paying way more than it costs new. Others have reported being convinced by the dealer to install aftermarket systems with sensors that weren't flush, and other issues that made it clear it was aftermarket.

It is not possible to add Lexus OEM Parking Assist, other than in the factory--not without paying way more than it costs new. Others have reported being convinced by the dealer to install aftermarket systems with sensors that weren't flush, and other issues that made it clear it was aftermarket.

I certainly wouldn't lump the official dealer installed Lexus Parking Aid in with aftermarket parking sensor systems.

The Lexus Parking Aid systems have been dealer installed options on other Lexus models -- not just the IS. I would expect the Lexus Parking Aid systems to be just as high quality as other Lexus sanctioned and branded accessory products and look like it was factory installed.

I've bought a number of Lexus accessory products from Lexus dealers in the U.S., Canada and Europe over the past 19 years and have always found the products to be of very high quality.

Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I just thought it was weird your answer had nothing to do with my question lol. Sorry about that.

But yeah, I really did look through literally like everything on Lexus.ca, and there's nothing about parking sensors.

I found out the car in the picture is a US model, not Canadian.

Maybe I need to check with the dealer, because I remember seeing a vehicle in the dealer with the park-assist, but I'm not 100% sure.

I pretty much just want to save money, so if I can get park assist w/o navi, then I'd rather go that route, and buy a separate GPS system.

Anyways, thanks a lot man.

Hah it's ok. It's really no big deal. But as per the website goes...the intuitive park assist seems not to be with any packages and should be a stand alone option. If you can't find one like you'd like tell them you want to build one to your specs. They should let you do it. It will take a few weeks for it to come in but it might be worth it to you.

I certainly wouldn't lump the official dealer installed Lexus Parking Aid in with aftermarket parking sensor systems.

The Lexus Parking Aid systems have been dealer installed options on other Lexus models -- not just the IS. I would expect the Lexus Parking Aid systems to be just as high quality as other Lexus sanctioned and branded accessory products and look like it was factory installed.

I've bought a number of Lexus accessory products from Lexus dealers in the U.S., Canada and Europe over the past 19 years and have always found the products to be of very high quality.

Lexus Park Assist is not a dealer installed option, nor is is port installed. It is factory only. If any dealer is installing parking sensors, they are not installing a Lexus product. And it certainly won't have the functionality of the factory system (i.e., it won't be connected to the dash warning light system, or the button on the dash that controls the AFS, etc.--and if you have nav, it should be integrated into the nav screen, telling you which corner is close to impact). Dealers don't all sell the same product. There was a post on Club Lexus a couple of years ago by a woman that really got hosed by the dealer--parking sensors didn't match the color of the bumper and stuck out 1/2 inch; system controls were not integrated into the cars controls, etc. It was real POS system.

From the ES Page:

With six ultrasonic sensors on the ES 350's front and rear, available Intuitive Parking Assist detects how close the vehicle is to surrounding objects. When the Parking Assist button is pressed, the system alerts the driver when another vehicle or object is in proximity. Distance is indicated by an LCD display, accompanied by an audible beep. The closer the ES is to the object, the fewer lines appear on the display, and the more frequent the beeping becomes.

An aftermarket system can't show this display on the dash.

Lexus Park Assist is not a dealer installed option, nor is is port installed. It is factory only. If any dealer is installing parking sensors, they are not installing a Lexus product.

Tex, I think you are missing my point.

reyoasian lives in Canada. The "Intuitive Parking Assist" option available in the U.S. is NOT listed as an option on Canadian specification IS cars.

If reyoasian wants a park assist system, he has two options: 1) Import a U.S. specification IS into Canada. 2) Buy a Canadian spec IS and have a park assist system installed.

Importing a U.S. car is certainly possible but it's a hassle -- one of my Ontario cousins did it just last year.

If reyoasian is going to install a park assist system, he could consider one that carries the Lexus brand, is a Lexus dealer installed option in other countries, and which comes with very detailed instructions specifically for the gen 2 IS.

I saw a couple of gen 2 IS cars yesterday and neither of them had a park assist system. I wonder how these drivers are able to park their cars without one? :rolleyes:

Thank you for all your wonderful help! I very much appreciate it.

I think I am just going to put a little bit extra money into it and get it with the NAV.

Seems like the lesser-hassel route to go! B)

Heck yeah. You will enjoy the navigation much better I promise.