So I Just Experienced My First Accident

denslexusgx470

Like the title says, I just got into an accident today, which happened about 3 hrs ago from the time I'm typing this. No one was hurt, but the car behind me got sandwiched by an unattentive driver behind him. So I have minor damage on my car, but still, I was SOO PI$$ED the moment I heard that "Crack" and bump from behind me... Luckily it wasn't the GX or the 528i that got hit but it was in my CRV... Pictures later when I get home.. Cars involved were my CRV, Nissan Sentra, and a ES330

I hope so too. I was concerned when I saw a 3 yr old girl in a car seat on the backseat of the ES but she was fine. Now I'm not sure if i'm 100% fine... I'm at work right now and my right knee is starting to get really sore with just a hint of pain... :unsure:

Have your knee looked at by a doctor, Documentation is critical ASAP

Dens. I have been banged up a lot. Broke or dislocated almost everything when I was younger. You should just go ahead to the DR if nothing more as a precautionary measure. Glad you are OK! Take care!

Thanks Guys. I'll see how my knee will feel. Honestly can't remember if my knee hit the steering column when I got hit because obviously my foot was on the brake because it was a sudden stop.

My Car

6092_119650479492_613954492_2915000_7008639_n.jpg

The ES330 that got sandwiched into my car (not at fault)

6092_119650499492_613954492_2915004_2069720_n.jpg

6092_119650524492_613954492_2915009_3324521_n.jpg

THE CAR AT FAULT

6092_119650544492_613954492_2915013_5703677_n.jpg

Notice the damages.. All happened from a 10-15 mph hit from the Sentra because the ES330 and I were at a full stop already

How does the front of your CRV look?

Yeah its incredible how much damage can come about from a light hit. Cars doing what they're supposed to do, crumple to absorb impact forces...

Definately go to the doctor...

It's amazing how much damage there is to the front of the ES that went into your back bumper while your back bumper doesn't have much damage at all...

I hope the Sentra pays through the nose... I hope they have to pay for both cars.

SW

6092_120042004492_613954492_2920450_1601947_n.jpg

Only small bugs and dust. ;) I was the front of the 3 car collision and I would have been EXTREMELY FURIOUS if I was sandwiched and my front license plate would get smashed. That front plate is irreplaceable as I got that when my CRV in the Philippines was brand new and it's not some cheap dealer plate you get anywhere (as you can see it has the car's name on this hard plastic plate)

My parents are former doctors in the Philippines so I'll wait and see what they think of my knee. It's not too bad, but I just came back from a quick out of town trip and after driving, I felt that it was irregularly sore (not to the extent that I would complain) so I'm still observing my knee's condition.

Yes the Sentra will pay for EVERYTHING on my end. Luckily my dad's office has an insurance department and the lady will take care of it and see to it that the Sentra will pay for every penny on my end EVEN my deductible. :o I just hope I get a new bumper as I don't trust the integrity of this bumper anymore as it's experienced a significant bump.

Even till now I am surprised how such little damage on my car bent the ES330's hood back that far :huh:

Turns out the girl driving the Sentra was NOT part of the insurance for that car! Just great! So the process of getting the $$ to repair my car will take longer now...

And for some weird reason, I know my chrome exhaust tip got hit in the accident, it must have been loose from the accident that yesterday it fell off somewhere on the highway! lol.

Call your insurance company. They will fix your car and then make sure they get the money from the other driver...

SW-

He could do that he was having a lot of problems. I would not turn it in to my company yet. For one he would have to pay his deductible until the other parties insurance company stepped up to the plate and paid his insurance company back (subrogation) also unless he has rental coverage on his policy he would have to pay out of pocket for the rental and again wait to be reimbursed back from the other company. When the other company knows that his insurance company is fixing the car they usually tend to take their time in the subrogation claims. I have seen some go on for over a year.

His car is drivable and he is not in a situation that I feel it is necessary to have his company pay for the damages for the headache that I mentioned above. Now what Dens needs to do is find out exactly why the other company is not accepting liability. Was the other driver EXCLUDED, did they have a provision in the policy that did not cover drivers that are not listed? Or was this just a permissive use situation? In MD if you are given permission to drive a car and as long as the policy doesn't have a named driver exclusion you would be OK. Not sure about CA. Either way you should be given a good reason why they are not paying the claim.

If they keep stalling you then turn the claim over to your company...and let them handle it but as an agent I advise people all the time to do more as a last resort. Your policy would be paying for the other persons car if the accident was your fault. The claim will show as a not at fault accident on your insurance and for underwriting new business there are some states that allow companies to keep you from qualify for good driver discounts on policies because of this. Even though the claim was not your fault. I know this sounds crazy but it is true and the way they get away with is in the state is because it is a "loss free" or "claim free" discount. They will not surcharge you but they may have different levels of claim free discounts some have discounts for no at fault and some have discounts for NO losses.

The other driver was excluded from the insurance on that particular car (Nissan Sentra). The girl claims that she was driving her "brother's car" so that could be a reason. I'm not sure though but my insurance will definitely go after the girl and make HER pay for the damages on my car and on the ES330. The waiting part is what's killing me because I hate looking at the back of my CRV with those damages on there. <_<

I think all the aches and pains went away so I may not do an injury claim.

Did you go to the DR? You should.

Listen to RX330 before you listen to me, he knows a lot more about this than me obviously...

awh SW. You feeling ok? J/K.

Dens if she was excluded then there is no reason to be waiting for anything. Call your company tell them yo want to get you car into a shop to get it fixed. Not sure if you have rental even if you are not old enough to rent a car ( not sure how old you are ) parents can have it and you can use the Lexus or BMW :) and not sure if ca will file this as a uninsured motorist claim but they may. Pay your deductible but just a FYI you will be lucky to see any $$$ back. Think about it she more than likely will have no assets for your insurance co to go after. So your company will get your car fixed for you and don't worry to much about it. It could always be worse. My neighbor was hit while on his Harley by an uninsured driver messed him up right good. The state of MD has installed cameras in a lot of state cars with tag scanners to find uninsured drivers and get them off of the road.

LOL! Hey, I know I can be a hard-!Removed! but when it comes to something someone obviously knows more about than me I am happy to defer to the expert opinion.

I was just kidding with ya. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Summer school was killing me so I have not gotten around this thread for a month sheez. Well anyways I didn't have to go to the doctor because the sore feeling in my knee went away, well it hurts right now because I accidentally knocked it into the tow hitch on the 4Runner tonight ughhh :angry:

I'm 20 yrs old and the rental companies would give me a rental car but our personal insurance doesnt have rental as part of our premium because my dad never chose that option as we are all hoping that if any of us in the family ever encounter an accident (which I hope God-forbid it) that it's an accident that was NOT our fault. So far my mom and I have both experienced a rear-end accident and obviously both weren't our fault. Her's was more serious because there was more damage to the RX300 than my CRV . Besides we technically don't need a rental because there's 3 of us in our house, but there's 5 cars to choose from. lol. :o

I went on a week vacation with the family to Vegas so I left the car at the shop during the vacation so that it won't seem like an eternity to wait for my car to get fixed. Finally got it back, I'll post pictures when I remember to take them hehe.

The girl was excluded from the insurance on that Nissan she was driving but since the insurance agent for our insurance works at my dad's real estate office, she sought to it that we won't pay a single penny at all for any of the damages. Yes that's right, not a single penny towards our deductible. :) Which in our case, turned out to be true. We didn't pay for anything in this accident.

Also, knowing my dad, he wouldn't let me use the BMW haha. My mom mainly uses the GX but I'm ok with the CRV because it's the only car I can modify and I can't stand the CA heat so only my car has a semi-dark front tint which I greatly appreciate while driving :)

Can you guys believe that the BMW only has 350 miles on the clock today? :blink: :o :o We've had that thing for 11 weeks now hehe.

5692_140231829492_613954492_3274327_7196397_n.jpg