Stuff Missing From My Rx400h

I just bought an '07 RX400h. The car came without:

1. The plug that fits in/on the 12 volt aux plug on the dash

2. The remote for the rear DVD player

3. The pad that fits in the bottom of the console cup holder

Any thoughts on where to find these items? I have had no luck on e-bay. I am a long way from a dealer.

Thanks

I just bought an '07 RX400h. The car came without:

1. The plug that fits in/on the 12 volt aux plug on the dash

2. The remote for the rear DVD player

3. The pad that fits in the bottom of the console cup holder

Any thoughts on where to find these items? I have had no luck on e-bay. I am a long way from a dealer.

Thanks

Did you buy the car from a dealer? Mine came without the plug as well. Called the salesman he put it in the mail and sent it to me. Funny my x5 was supposed to have a cd changer in the back. When I got home it did not have one in it. Called the salesman and was in the mail. It would not hurt to ask.

If not and you are having no luck on eBay try Lexus's website.

Parts.com is often one of the least expensive: http://www.parts.com/oemcatalog/index.cfm?...r&makeid=20 I see that they have the DVD player remote for less than $85. If you don't know exactly what you need, Sewell Lexus in Texus can be helpful by phone and offer a bit of a discount: http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/

What do you mean the "pad" that fits at the bottom of the cupholder? I just bought a spare 04-09 Rx330/350/400h center console (for the wood pieces) and have the rest of the parts left over. If you show me what you mean, i can send it to you.

What do you mean the "pad" that fits at the bottom of the cupholder? I just bought a spare 04-09 Rx330/350/400h center console (for the wood pieces) and have the rest of the parts left over. If you show me what you mean, i can send it to you.

cduluk,

The double cup holder in the console has no "pad" in the bottom. Every car I have had has had a removable rubber pad in the bottom of the cup holder. I presumed the RX400h had the same as original equipment.

actually i double checked, the cupholder in my car doesn't have it, but the one in the spare actually DOES. It's really thin true. Glad i got the spare lol now I've got one. Didn't even know i was missing one.

mine is mysteriously missing only recently and i think they get sucked up in the vaccum, personally i think i lost mine when it was detailed as part of the steering recall by the dealer. i think of that piece as less of a 'pad' and more of a non skid surface to help keep the drinks from sliding around. because of the potentilal for spills and the need for cleaning i dont think you would want it glued in there more than the two spots it is attached so that area can be cleaned.

mine is mysteriously missing only recently and i think they get sucked up in the vaccum, personally i think i lost mine when it was detailed as part of the steering recall by the dealer. i think of that piece as less of a 'pad' and more of a non skid surface to help keep the drinks from sliding around. because of the potentilal for spills and the need for cleaning i dont think you would want it glued in there more than the two spots it is attached so that area can be cleaned.

And perhaps to avoid your drink cup from rattling. Lexus owners just abhor unnecessary noises. :)

I have previously removed my pad to clean out the cup holder area, and reattached it lightly with a couple of dabs of clear silicone--easly removeable but still attached to avoid car wash vacuum "theft."

Tom