255's On Rx400h?

There are a couple of forum members who have or have had 255s on their RX400hs. Most likely, they will chime in as there are no shortages of opions about tires in this forum. I have the OEM-size Bridgestone Alenzas and I am very happy with them - great wear and handling, wet or dry.

I have Toyo Proxes S/T s ( two and a half years,25K miles) and they have been great with absolutely no rubbing or any problems. They are 255/55/18 and I think the 1/2" bigger size looks better. I make the adjustment when I calculate my MPGS and add 3%.

This is the largest anyone should go though and when these wear out I will get Toyo Versado L/X or perhaps change to Bridgestone Alenzas or even another brand but I will keep the 255 size. Rey

• 2 months later...
I have Toyo Proxes S/T s ( two and a half years,25K miles) and they have been great with absolutely no rubbing or any problems. They are 255/55/18 and I think the 1/2" bigger size looks better. I make the adjustment when I calculate my MPGS and add 3%.

This is the largest anyone should go though and when these wear out I will get Toyo Versado L/X or perhaps change to Bridgestone Alenzas or even another brand but I will keep the 255 size. Rey

Than I will assume ordering a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X 245/60/18's will fit fine??? Or am I assuming wrong?

Thanks

Than I will assume ordering a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X 245/60/18's will fit fine??? Or am I assuming wrong?

Thanks

There is a tire size calculator on this forum so you can visualize the changes in tire size. Here is a chart of tires and sizes that I was considering at the time I bought the Goodyear ResponseEdge.

size dia rot name

245/50 VR18 27.8 746 advan

255/50/R18 27.9 744 toyo 50

235/55 VR18 28.0 746 eagle rs

235/55 VR18 28.2 739 bridgestone

235/55 VR18 28.3 736 s8

235/55 VR18 28.4 731 mxm4

245/55 ZR18 28.5 724 kdws

255/55 VR18 29.0 720 eagle edge

255/55R18 29.0 718 toyo

255/55VR18 29.3 706 zero

Thanks

Hi,

I used 255's for months then switched to 275's which I have been wearing for almost two months now. Just perfect.

I guessing that the price of tires will soon be going up if the 60% tariff on Chinese tires really happens. That would also include American made tires of course.

Tom